Week of Cooking!

I'm the type of person that doesn't really sit down alot- Jason (my husband) is always getting on to me- just sit still! Even my two year old, Henry, says "Mom, come sit and lax"- meaning relax. Cracks me up. It's just hard for me, even when I'm not feeling all that grand. So Wednesday we had our holiday- felt great- even did my 30 Day Shred (Jillian Michaels workout- it is awesome!), then it hit me. Allergies! They are the worst! Sniffing, congestion, sneezing- ugh- and now again and so therefore, up at 5 a.m. on Saturday morning because I don't want to wake Jason up with the constant nose sniffing! (Yes, I'm a good wife)
Anyway- like I said, I don't sit for long- and I've been a little housebound and somewhat taking it easy- so I've been cooking and baking. I didn't take pictures of everything but will put along links to some of the recipes.

Wednesday morning (our holiday ANZAC Day), I made these yummy filled pancakes. I don't know if I mentioned or not, but HUGE fan of Williams Sonoma- and all of their cookware. I bought this a few years ago- it's called a Nordic Ware Ebelskiver Filled Pancake Pan! It's awesome! So easy and yummy!

The pan- super easy to use and clean!
Finished product with fresh strawberries and dusted with powdered sugar. 
I filled half with strawberry jam and the other half with Nutella (love that stuff and it's so big over here in Australia). Everything is available at WS- they have the Ebelskiver pancake mix, the pan and the wooden tongs you need to flip them. You can also do cornbread poppers and fill them with cheese or jalapenos- whatever your heart desires. Lots of fun things to do.

I also made some White Chocolate & Chocolate Oreo Truffles- they didn't turn out so pretty- had issues melting the chocolate but they were pretty good. Not my favorite dessert but the boys loved them.

And I made some yummy Banana Bread- I and my boys LOVE Banana Bread. I got this recipe from a book my wonderful friend, Emily Forth, got for me. It is the story of my life:

Says it all- feeding "Mad Hungry" Men & Boys!


Recipe may be a little hard to read- and I did make some changes. I used wholemeal flour, honey instead of sugar, and 2 bananas. I also just sprinkled the top with cinnamon sugar. It was delicious! It's pretty much all gone! 

Oh- and to my Mother-in-Law- I found a recipe for cornflake potato casserole that Jason says is better than the one you have! I couldn't find hers so had to make a deal with AllRecipes.com - it used cream of mushroom soup and I had to use baked potato wedges (seasoned with rosemary and garlic) and chopped them up, instead of the hash browns. It was really yummy- so I"ll pass that recipe along! :) 

This is just a few of the things that I've been cooking/baking this week! :) Don't know what I'm going to do when the boys get older.... :) 

























Comments

Popular Posts