Documenting Travels

So I've finally gotten myself together and have been putting together our travel scrapbooks. Can I say that I have been working on doing Jack's 1 year scrapbook for the last 4 1/2 years! It's terrible- but I'm doing it by hand (you know, all the stickers, cutting out photos, etc.,). It is definitely more time consuming than doing the super easy and cute ones online. I will do Jack's though- let's see...I'll give myself 2 months to finish it. So by the end of June! Then I'll think about Henry's 1st year! ha ha!

In making these scrapbooks, I've been going through all of our old photos of course. How many amazing trips we've had- I mean, is it enough for Jack to even comprehend that his first beach trip was to Thailand? So funny!
We've mainly done beach vacations- Thailand, Vietnam and Bali- although we did do Beijing and Tokyo. All fabulous trips with so many great pictures. I think Bali was my favorite though- we just had the best time. We had a gazebo on the beach everynight- just sat and relaxed with the boys (Henry was just 4 months old then) and enjoyed beautiful conversations and God's creations. It's so nice to be away from ALL electronics- to detach from life and just enjoy each other's company. I think that's one of my favorite things about our vacations. At home we are so caught up in work, all of our electronics, as well as being here and being there. Just wish we could do it more often!

Here are a few pics of some of our trips:

Add caption
Tokyo Japan- Jack's beloved Beduh made it too!






 


From our first beach trip to Thailand- Phuket- at the JW Marriott Resort


Pictures from our Vietnam vacation- Ho Chi Minh City and Phu Quoc Island (little Henry was in my tummy then!)

I just love looking at these old photos- some of them seem so long ago but I vividly remember every part of each trip. I'm hoping that the older the boys get they will remember them- or at least the pictures can jog their memories. 

It's funny though- I was thinking about our vacations/trips and how most people would consider Shanghai and Sydney to be a vacation or a trip, but I've always considered them just my homes. Of course we do all of the touristy things (when visitors come) but we've always just adapted and quickly made  a new city our home. Maybe I should make a Sydney and Shanghai vacation book- or at least document all the major sites we've sen- because really they are top vacation destinations in the world. 

I think it's time that we plan a vacation- we are hoping to go to Fiji the end of May or early part of June. Then there are, of course, lots of places around Sydney that we want to go visit. Just need to make the time right- because spending time with family and going together on adventures is one of life's great joys! 




Comments

Popular Posts