Traveling Husband & Sleeping Babies!

Well, one more day then my wonderful husband will be back! He's been in Hong Kong (our future home!) all week for business. It's actually been a pretty pleasant and smooth week- I say this because it is tough being a single parent. I have so much respect and admiration for single mother's and father's- I know they do it all for love of their children but it doesn't make it any easier.

I remember when Jason used to have to go for 7 days- over the weekends too- those are always long- to the States for a conference. This was while we were in Shanghai and it was hard then. You don't realize how nice it is to have a bit of a break, or help, or even someone to talk to at night and have an "adult" conversation.  I mean, I LOVE my conversations with Jack (and even now Henry, because he's talking up a storm), but not the same.

We've had a good week though- Jack has been out of school, so we had to make sure and schedule some activities. (This is one thing I LOVE about Australia- the way they break up their school year. They have 4 terms that are broken up with two weeks of holiday between each one, then for summer they have about 6 weeks off. It's brilliant- in my opinion. The kids get a little break here and there so they're not totally burned out by the end of the year and their summer is just short enough that they don't get bored and forget being in a school routine. I wish the States did this).

Anyway- with two boys at home and no father- we definitely have to make sure we expend their energy. Luckily with everyone on break there have been plenty of playdates and camps for Jack. He's gone 3 days this week to the Willoughby Leisure Center- one day was gymnastics, one was tennis day and yesterday was "Wet n' Wild". Oh how he loved it!

So one little tiny problem that I have while Jason is gone- yep, little ones like to sleep with their Mama! Now I created a terrible habit with Jack when he was younger- didn't do the same with Henry though. Jason traveled alot the first year we were in Shanghai and I always let Jack sleep with me when he was gone- so much that it was hard getting Jack to want to sleep by himself. Not something that I suggest doing. But it's hard sometimes- I have these feelings and get sad because they are growing up sooooo quickly and I know it's only a short time before they can't cuddle up with Mommy and sleep. I'm torn!

However, both of them in our queen size bed (we had to downsize here in our tiny apartment) is not an option. They are both all over the place when they sleep- not to mention they are HOT pockets- so I would get no sleep if they were both with me all night. Plus they are both getting so big that there is NO room. I have been letting them fall asleep in my bed together though- then I move Henry to his room.

Here are some sweet pictures of my angels- dreaming sweet dreams!



I just love these shots- sweet angelic babies. About the only time they are completely silent! :) They do crack me up though- so sweet and loving with each other some of the time- then it's wanting to "ninjago" one another the other half of the time. Guess that's siblings, right? These two are our form of entertainment most of the time- how blessed we are!


Just finishing breakfast- here is Henry's- he just loves eggs! I think it is hilarious that I fix my 2 year old a 2 egg omelet...really?!? What is he going to be eating - Jack too- when they are 15? I bought this omelet pan at Williams Sonoma at Christmas. It is amazing- so easy, so simple and so easy to clean. For those of you that like omelets- buy it. Under $50 and so worth it!

Jason arrives in late tonight. Hope he's ready to give these boys some much needed attention- they've missed their Daddy! I've missed my big bear too! :)

Comments

Popular Posts