Fall is coming! What!?!?


So fall is coming- well here anyway- and it's just weird. I have been thinking about it alot lately- I'm just so thrown off by it. Here's how it has gotten me off- last summer we went home, then a month later (end of August) we moved to Sydney, where it was the start of spring. Then we went home for Christmas (normal weather), then back here to the middle of summer. So my body is telling me really that it's spring and it's not- the weather is getting cooler and cooler and "fall" activities are beginning around us. I know it seems odd, but I am totally off. I guess it's good that were not going home this summer, otherwise I'd be all sorts of wacky! 
As with the cooler weather- we are in a little more- so I have more time to cook and bake. Plus Jason has made it in (after being gone a week) and the boys just want to show him everything in the house (as if he hasn't seen it all) and be home bodies with their Daddy that they've missed. :) 
Jack and I made this scrumptious yummies! They are so super easy- they remind me a little bit like rice krispie treats- and a super fun treat for kids. I've been eating them all weekend- dang! 


Their called Honey Joys- and here is the recipe:
*90g of butter
*1/3 cup of sugar
*1 Tablespoon of honey
*4 cups of Kellogs corn flakes
-Heat over to 150 degrees C. Melt butter, sugar and honey until frothy.
-Add flakes and mix well. 
-Spoon into paper patty cases (cupcake wrappers) and bake for 10 minutes!

So as I was writing this down I was thinking about how my US friends are going to
love the gram and celcius conversion. I've been using these metrics for 4 years now!!! and still don't know the proper equivalent. It's such a pain- guess I should learn it! And don't you love that they call the muffin/cupcake wrappers "paper patty cases"? Ha ha! They have so many different names for things- (maybe another blog I can do) that it can sometimes actually be another language. :) 

Saturday night I did some real cooking for these boys- homemade pizzas. I found a recipe in my FoodNetwork magazine (amazing by the way!) for California Pizza Kitchen's BBQ Chicken Pizza. Basically your sauce is barbeque, then you top with shredded mozzarella, chicken, gouda cheese and red onions. Bake at 220 degrees C for 10 minutes- top with fresh cilantro. * Side note- next time I make this, I'm going to carmelize the onions- then it would be amazing! It was great though! Lil' boys got their own special homemade cheese. :)


And as I mentioned- fall is coming! So we went to the beach today- even though we didn't stay long and I had to keep my coverup on. It was a little chilly. It was supposed to be a warm 83 and sunny- nope- not so much. I think fall is officially upon us. 




Nevertheless, the boys got in the water, ran up and down the beach, had a beach picnic lunch, built sandcastles and had a great time! They are total beach bums! 

Hope everyone has a wonderful Sunday in the States- we had a great weekend! And hope my little sister, Olivia, had a great and very special time at her Senior Prom last night! :) She was beautiful! :) 



Comments

Popular Posts