Nikon d7000- Weekend of Pics!

So I'm thinking about buying the Nikon d7000. I have the d40 right now- and I love the camera, but it's about 4 years old and thinking I need something a little more professional. I LOVE taking pictures and we have so many fun and beautiful places that we go- so I'm thinking a little investment is a good thing. Would not be wasted. However, the price of the camera here is phenomenal- triple what you'd pay in the States- so I wanted to have a go at the camera and see how well it really works. 
Jason found a place that rents cameras out - so I rented it for the weekend. So here are some of the pictures I took Friday night after dinner. I know why it is so ridiculously easy to capture photos of babies- older boys DO NOT HOLD STILL! But they are fun!....
Who knows what was so funny!



Ha! Jack has had it with pictures for the evening!


Saturday morning was soccer again- thankfully the game was at 9:45 instead of 8! Jack is definitely getting more of a hang of it- and dribbling away- and scored a goal! So proud of the little man he is becoming! Here are some shots:



After the game we took a drive up to Manly Beach- it's about 15 or so minutes from us. We had a great lunch at a beachside cafe and then went for a walk. It's getting a little too chilly for the water (even though the boys wanted to desperately get in). However, we went on a fun walk along Manly to Shelly Beach and up the cliff - little adventure for us. We ran into quite a few little friends- and not ones that I liked. Lots of spiders, water dragon lizards!!! and some type of ant eater (can't remember what it's called!). Here are some more pics... (did I mention how much I LOVE this camera!...

A friend on one of the rocks





So cool- this was up on one of the cliff platforms- so true and beautiful!

And our pokey friend we ran into.

This little ant eater was towards the very end of our walk- I was too busy looking at him, then heard a rustle in the leaves next to me! Turned around and was looking straight on at one of the water dragon lizards!!! And NO, I didn't get a picture because I was running- Jack wasn't too far behind! I know they're not going to hurt me, but I'm not getting close! Jack is a spook just like me...Henry is not...he was trying to touch it with Jason! Crazy! 
So then (because I wanted more pictures) we went home and had a little rest- then off to catch the gorgeous sunset at the Harbour Bridge (in North Sydney) right next to Luna Park. Amazingly beautiful- we packed a picnic with snacks and drinks, let the boys play soccer and just enjoyed the view!

I can't even take this picture of him!






Yes, by the end of the day the boys were SICK of my photo taking- I came walking up and they both hid from me. Honestly I don't think Henry really cared but he always does what Jack does- ah well! A pic of our picnic and a little bit of our family time together- it was a fun filled Saturday. One I know the boys will remember! :) 



Comments

  1. Emily, you will LOVE the Nikon D7000! Great investment! The boys are too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the photos!!!!! What a fun weekend!!

    I'm itching for a new camera, too! Geez, though, can I ship you a new one?? I hate for you to pay that much more!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well were trying to figure out if we can do international shipping- will be way cheaper!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts