My Thoughts & Results: Keto One Week Soup Diet

Done and done! And I'd definitely do it AGAIN! I mean not anytime soon because I most certainly got the results that I wanted but yea, it's totally doable and I was really happy with my results. And here's why...

So this diet worked well for me because of a few things:

One, it was short (one week is perfectly fine for me!)- I probably could have gone a few more days but let's not push it
Two, I made the soup Sunday night and other than my tuna and egg salad snacks, that's all I had to do...easy!
Three, I wasn't hungry! I mean yes, I had tummy rumbles a few times at night but nothing terrible
Four, no headaches, no low energy and I wasn't trying to hurt anyone in my family (i.e. no anger side effects)

I'll say I really loved having my meals and plans laid out for me...how easy was that! Too bad the rest of the family didn't go alone with it as well! ha ha..yea right!

So other than my results you can see with my pictures- I'll tell you that my shorts/pants are all really loose on me. Here's the deal- I DIDN"T weigh myself at the start but did at the end but only out of curiosity. WHY? Well because I don't like to weigh myself- I don't like numbers or the scale, I like how I feel and how my body feels (and how my clothes fit!). I think the last time I weighed myself was about a year ago. Now, I did weigh myself on Saturday and I think I lost about 7 lbs (probably have put about 2 of that back on, but that's where it will stay). So there ya go!

So here's your soup recipe- you'll have enough to last the week- 2 cups for lunch and 2 cups for dinner.


I mean really it was actually pretty good! 

This was me on Thursday running around like crazy and rushing in and shoving it in my face before I went and picked up kids! I'll also add that I had field trip on Tuesday and yep....I packed this soup to go and took it with me! 
Sunday night prep- Chicken! Bacon! YEP! 


INGREDIENTS

  • 4 slices bacon, chopped
  • 1 Tbsp olive oil
  • ¼ cup onion, chopped
  • 1 Tbsp fresh garlic, minced
  • ¼ cup sundried tomatoes, chopped
  • 1 cup sliced white mushrooms
  • 8 cups chicken stock
  • 3 cups water
  • 2 cups turnips
  • 4 cups cooked chicken breast, chopped
  • 2 cups yellow squash, sliced and quartered
  • 1 cup green beans, cut into 1 inch pieces
  • 4 cups swiss chard, chopped (or collards – NOT KALE)
  • 2 Tbsp red wine vinegar
  • ¼ cup fresh basil, chopped
  • Salt and pepper to taste

INSTRUCTIONS

  1. In a large soup pot, cook the bacon and olive oil over medium heat for 2 minutes.
  2. Add the onions, garlic, sundried tomatoes, and mushrooms. Cook for 5 minutes.
  3. Pour in the chicken stock and water, then add the celery root and chicken. Simmer for 15 minutes.
  4. Add the squash, green beans, and swiss chard and simmer for 10 minutes.
  5. Add the red wine vinegar and season with salt and pepper to taste.
  6. Stir in the fresh basil just before serving.
*I also used a garlic/chile crunch to put on the top (from Williams Sonoma) - or siracha or hot sauce works too- just to give it a little extra flavor and kick.  


Everyday for breakfast I had two eggs (anyway you want cooked in 1 T of butter), two pieces of bacon (I saved these for mid morning after my workouts) and half of an avocado. I also had my coffee, with no sugar, but used 1 T of my coconut milk (technically your not supposed to have creamer). You can also do the Keto Bullet Coffee (Recipe Here ), but I'm not a big fan. 

So on Monday- Wednesday around 3 P.M. I had my "snack" which was: 

Egg Salad
*6 hard boiled eggs
*2 T mayo
*1 T Dijon Mustard
*1 T fresh lemon juice
*1 T chopped green onions
*S&P, and I also sprinkled on a bit of Trader Joes Everything Bagel Seasoning (obsessed) 

-You are to have 1/2 cup served over 1 cup of romaine (I used butter leaves) 

Then Thursday and Friday I did the same thing but made the Tuna Salad (same recipe but I used 1 can of tuna packed in water) 

And here's the egg salad- I thought it was fab and very filling!


So I'm going to post my results...my before pic I took on Monday morning before I had anything to eat, and my after photo was actually taken Friday morning (same). Then further down I"ll post my pic from Sunday...I actually think the diet was still flushing out of me a few days after. 

Also, let me add that I'm NO nutritionist or expert in this area, but I think this is a great diet to get you kick started into life changes and/or if you want to slim down quick before an event, or whatever! 

But here's what I loved the most. I loved ridding my body of some habits and certain foods I've always been used to. So for me, in the afternoon, I have a hard time not snacking. I also want to snack here and there when I"m feeding the kids which adds on extra unnecessary calories. So doing this diet for a week, where I had my "designated" snacks planned out and meals known caused my mind and body to get used to that. Now this week (as I'm off the diet), I don't have those cravings anymore.

I'm also not craving those "sweets". It's so hard, but usually in the afternoon or after dinner I wanted a little something sweet...really don't have any desire for it. I'm not missing it. 

So like I said, is this something I want to have full time incorporated, Nope! I'm definitely enjoying my fruits, my toast in the morning and little things here and there, BUT I love how it's made my body feel and kick started myself into some changes that I've been needing to make for awhile. NOW...can I get some of those changes made with these other hooligans (not including Stella)...maybe not, but I'll try! 

Okay, Yikes! I'm not one to post my body (insert scary face) but here I go! Before and afters posted right next to each other....frontal view and side view. Last picture was taken on Sunday afternoon (two days after I finished the diet) 































Comments

Popular Posts