Hong Kong- Week 2: Avenue of the Stars & HK Space Museum

Our temporary home is also Jason's temporary office- tell me how well you think that works out while having 2 young boys to watch over. What am I supposed to do with them? How am I supposed to keep them quiet? All while Jason needs to work and I need to get things done- find a nanny, find a house, find Jack a school, etc., etc.,

Ah- the frustrations of life sometimes when you're moving to a new place. So what do you do with boys- you have to get them out. Out! So one day I decided that I would take the boys to the Hong Kong Space Museum- it's about a 3 minute taxi ride from our hotel and I had noticed a few signs for some of the 3D movies that they show. Perfect afternoon for us. :)

So we lucked out (kinda- more later) because Wednesdays are free admission. Check it out here: http://www.lcsd.gov.hk/CE/Museum/Space/e_index.htm
I booked us tickets for a 2:40 showing of "Space Junk 3D". We arrived at about 12:45 so I thought that would give us enough time to stroll through the museum and then catch the show. WRONG. Let me just say that it took us about 15 minutes to go through. It's 2 levels (at best- the 2nd level holds the omnimax theatre, so it's only 1/2) and has barely anything. It's really outdated. And for young kids, there weren't alot of interesting stimulations and things for them to see.

What to do for an hour? Well- hit the Avenue of Stars that is right outside! I knew (from my runs) that they had a Starbucks a little ways down, so thought it would be perfect to grab a drink and a snack before heading into the show.

It was hot, but the boys enjoyed it. It's based off the Hollywood Walk of Fame- so lined with Asian stars and filmmakers handprints- even a big statue of Bruce Lee. It was actually only completed in 2004 so fairly new. More information here: http://www.avenueofstars.com.hk/eng/home.asp

And some photos from our little walk (our HOT walk- mind you it was only the 1st week in March!):


Shredded squid? Never heard of it but it was quite popular amongst the locals. ??

ha! :) 

It's a pretty long walkway, but beautiful views and always entertaining to people watch. There are kiosks and places to sit as well.

Bruce Lee!



We had our treat at Starbucks and then ventured back for our 3D show. I tried to take pictures but they wouldn't let me. It was hilarious seeing Henry in his big headphones and glasses- they took up his entire head. The boys loved it though- and I quite enjoyed it as well. It is a neat theatre and the movie was really neat- very interesting and educational.

*Um I now remembered why I stopped posting in March- our ridiculous internet in our service apartment was INCREDIBLY slow! And I just found this draft- typical! 

Comments

Popular Posts