Weekend Celebration

I am so far behind on blogging- I keep meaning to and then I get caught up doing other projects. It's been a manic few weeks- and the "sickness" floating around our house has NOT helped. Of course, it's starting to get much cooler- you know "winter" season. So the flu bugs and colds are hitting hard- the kids in Jack's class have been dropping like flies! And it's been passed around our house too many times- Jason has been lucky to escape from all of it.

So we got to celebrate Jason's 31st Birthday last week! Wednesday the 27th! Weird because this time last year we were back home in the States, celebrating Jason's birthday with close family and friends and announcing our new "move" to Sydney. Seems weird to now be in Sydney in the middle of winter.

A nice dinner out on the water- near Tunks Park- with a great view of the Sydney Harbour Bridge. The restaurant was called Ripples and it was superb! I had a great steak! Then back to the house (we took the train of course- public transportation in the big city!) to open presents, sing Happy Birthday and have mini cupcakes. Jason's work had gotten him 2 cakes for work so I didn't want to do too much.

Fun and great weekend though- Saturday Jason took Jack to his soccer game. Apparently Jack ran off the field at one point in the middle of the game to pet a dog! ha ha! I know Jason almost died! He'll grow out of it...right?!? Then Jack and I went to a birthday party- a bowling party in fact! I was taking pictures for a good friend- so Jack came along to play.

Then that night we hosted our very first dinner party here! In honor of Jason and his birthday of course! :) If anyone knows me- then you know I've been itching to have people over. I LOVE it! Thrive on having dinner parties! Our place is pretty small though and sometimes makes it hard.

Anyway- we had two of Jason's co-workers over and their significant others. I served homemade lasagna, grilled vegetable salad, fresh garlic bread and then topped it off with a yummy strawberry cream layer cake. :) Not to mention a beautiful cheese tray with assorted crackers- and it didn't necessarily go but potstickers. I was requested to make them- so I did. A hit- of course (recipe is on a previous post).

It was such a great evening! We ate and talked for hours. It was so nice having them over - another "family" we get to know and love. They gave Jason an awesome gift too- a photo coffee table book, titled "A Day at Bondi Beach". This guy, Eugene Tan of Aquabumps is amazing. Check him out here:

www.aquabumps.com.au

It's a cool book- full of amazing photos. Jason checks the site everyday so it was a special gift for him.

That was our weekend- Sunday was spent relaxing and preparing Jason for Hong Kong! He's been gone 3 days and we miss him already!

Delicious! Cheese is one of my most favorite things!

Strawberry Cream Layer Cake from Martha Stewart- easy and delicious! 

Comments

Popular Posts