Disney on Ice!



Ah, another great Friday outing with my favorite big boy! :) I think I've mentioned this, but Jack is on holiday from school. And Henry goes to preschool on Monday and Friday's so that leaves me wonderful quality one on one time with Jack- something we don't always get so much.

I saw tickets for Disney on Ice about 2 or 3 months ago and mentioned it to one of my friends here- who has boys that are Jack's age. So we got tickets to go- not cheap- another $100 date. :) Good thing my lil' one is worth it! It was a great show too- I loved it and Jack was beyond thrilled to be there.

Of course it was a torturous 3 hours of "Mom, how long til we meet Adam and Ben and go to Disney on Ice?", "Mom, how many minutes til we get there?", "Mom, are we going now?"....ugh...terrible!

Here we are outside of AllPhones Arena in the Sydney Olympic Park area- right before the show!

And here is the big boy before the show started- Mickey Ears hat and a bag of Cotton Candy.
Although they call cotton candy "fairy floss" here and it was $15! 
Not a great shot- but our show! I took this with my phone- realized that my small camera was out of batteries when we got in the car! Bummer! :(



So Jack and I, of course, discussed our favorites of the show afterwards. Mine was, yes!, the disney princesses! Belle, Ariel, Mulan, Cinderella, Snow White- all that find their true prince! And the great thing about the show was that they were actually really talented skaters- beautiful and graceful. I loved their outfits and it brought me back to my childhood- loving all my Disney princesses! :) It was funny though because I realized that Jack doesn't really know any of them- he's never watched any of those- just all the "boy" disney movies. I guess we'll have to correct that! 

Jack's favorite was the "Halloween" segment, with Jack the Pumpkin Man from "The Nightmare before Christmas". Guess that shows you what he likes- all the villians. It was a cool part though- I think he more loves the fun Halloween music. He also liked the "Lilo & Stitch" part because they did the fun Hawaiian themed music and had a part with fire. It was "awesome" as Jack said. :) 

Were definitely going to have to go back to the area- they had the coolest "Monster" skate park- boys riding their scooters and skateboards up and down. Jack would have loved it. They had huge playing fields, a big splash park, and lots of playground areas. Looked like a good place to go back on a sunny weekend day! 

Our show was followed up by an Italian lunch- Jack's choice!- spaghetti bolognese and afterwards a big chocolate gelato! :) Love spending time with my big boy! :) 

Comments

Popular Posts