Rainbows! Rainbows! Rainbows!



I don't know if it's the beautiful clear blue skies here or what? but I have NEVER before seen so many gorgeous and stunning rainbows as I have here in Sydney. It seems after every rain (a big storm or just a little sprinkling) we are blessed with these beautiful creations of God.

Some of them are full so you see both ends and the full arch- others are just snippets of the rainbow. Either way, just a great reminder of God's love for us.

In a technical sense, this is what they are (I got this from www.wikipedia.com ):



rainbow is an optical and meteorological phenomenon that causes a spectrum of light to appear in the sky when the Sun shines on to droplets of moisture in the Earth's atmosphere. It takes the form of a multicoloured arc. Rainbows caused by sunlight always appear in the section of sky directly opposite the sun.

Here are just a few shots that I've taken outside of our apartment:
I loved this one- it was just a big blob of colors- and just right at the touch of the city

I love the way they just disappear into the houses
And yesterday morning we saw a double rainbow! Stunning too! Jack and I get so excited, we scream and rush everyone around so that we can all look at them. Jason says I get just as excited as Jack, but I can't help it. They are just breathtaking! 





Writing this also reminds me of Jack. We have a Children's Bible that we've been reading quite regularly and the other night we read (again- he loves this story) of Noah's Ark. And I remind Jack everytime we see a rainbow that it's God's promise to us. A rainbow was shown to Noah after the flood as a promise that God would never again destroy the Earth with water again. And in return, it is for us to promise to be faithful and true to our Heavenly Father. I love when Jack and I have these conversations.  I hope that it forever remains in his mind and heart each time he sees a rainbow. 


In searching, I found this song and I just love the lyrics. From 


God's Promise/Rainbows in the Night, by David Meece


www.lyricsmania.com


Deep within this darkened heart of mine
The Word of God still shines with hope
Deep within this frightened life I live
A voice so soft and still grows
And when the sun is hidden
And shadows cloud my starless skies
Amazingly I turn and see a light

God's promises are rainbows in the night
Shining hope inside when shadows cloud my eyes
His promises are rainbows in the night
Guiding through the darkest times
God's promises are rainbows in the night

Looking back on all the roads I've known
The echos of the songs I've sung
Looking back there's a thread of love and grace
Connecting each line and space I've known
And all the years I thought were lost
On empty searching without clues
Now trace a journey to the highest truth

God's promises are rainbows in the night
Shining hope inside when shadows cloud my eyes
His promises are rainbows in the night
Guiding through the darkest times
God's promises are rainbows in the night.





















Comments

Popular Posts