Jack's Big Day!

So Jack is on school holiday- I think I mentioned this before, but they have 4 different terms and in between each term (usually 9-10 weeks) they have two weeks off. I thought it was weird at first but have decided that it's genius!, especially for kids this age. They get so burned out from school that it's just a nice breather and break for them to relax and stay home, then they are ready to go back to school.

Anyway- we had a pretty big week. Kept as busy as possible while Jason was away in Hong Kong. Lots of plays at the park, baseball plays down in the garage and playdates. But Friday was by far the best day for Jack. He had been anxiously and not so patiently waiting for Friday. Don't you remember when you were that age and so excited about something- I could barely even sleep because I was so excited. 

SO Friday morning we went and took Henry to school (not a happy man- I think he knew we were going to do fun things) and then off to run a few errands. It's now time to get Jack a watch so he can tell time and not ask me EVERY 5 MINUTES when we are going. "Mom, how many more minutes til we go?" Thank goodness us Mommy's have enough patience to endure this.

We met our friends at the cinema in Chatswood to go see Ice Age 4 in 3D! This is the first movie that we've actually been to see in Sydney. And here's why- two tickets for Jack and I (a matinee too!) was $35, then add in popcorn and a drink, $13, parking, $18 and then lunch afterwards, $25. A $100 afternoon for just two people! Oh- and did you know that they have assigned seating at the theatre- weird huh? 

Anyway- we met 4 of his "mates" from his class, and an older sister and brother. I actually really enjoy these Mom's too. The movie was great! I actually really like it- really cute and had some pretty funny parts. 

Our cool Ice Age 3 cup we just had to have! 

Jack in his 3D glasses! He looks so grown up!


Jack was cracking me up the first 10 minutes of the movie- this was his first 3D movie and he kept saying, "Mom! Mom! Look! It looks like it's coming right out at me!", then he'd laugh and say, "Oh my gosh, it's so big and so close!". In between my giggles I had to shush him because he was practically yelling. It was pretty humorous. 

Afterwards we walked to a pizza place called "Gourment Pizza Kitchen". It was pretty good. The kids thoroughly enjoyed themselves- they got little balls of pizza dough to play with and little coloring books. 

Nice afternoon of play with good friends! THEN- Jack went on with his friend, Lachlan, to his FIRST sleepover! Oh gosh- he's been excited all week about this. In fact, once we got to the pizza place, he asked me a few times, "Mom, when are you leaving?" Ah- stab in the heart for any Mom! :( But I know he was just thrilled! 



My little boy is growing up too fast for me! That's why I love these holidays because Henry goes to school twice a week and that leaves 4 precious days (out of the two weeks) to spend good quality time with my lil' (well big!) man! 

Comments

Popular Posts