Monthly Stats on Two Growing Boys!

So I've decided to do monthly stats on the boys- height and weight, their progresses, things they are interested in, etc., Really hate that I'm just now doing this with Jack...and Henry...but better late than never.

I'm constantly amazed by how quickly they grow- should attest to how much they eat- but still blows my mind. Discussing a few weeks ago with our visitors, Max and Kristie, I asked what age they thought Jack would be when he is taller than me. Max said age 12. Jason said 13. He's only 5 1/2 and is already more than half my size! What?!?! I think it'll probably be about 11. He's just soooo tall!

Here is a picture of them this morning- never cooperating:

Henry's clothes are Jack's that have gotten too small for him!

Jack is 59.4 lbs and 47 1/2 inches (or 3.9 feet- almost 4 feet!!!!)
Henry is 33 lbs and 37.3 inches ( or 3.1 feet)

Cracks me up how much they weight- and the sad part about it is that it feels like so much more. They have the densest bodies- I can barely pick Jack up anymore when he's asleep and I have to move in. BUT I will say that I have some pretty buff arms because of the two of them- carrying two boys for 5 1/2 years has done them well!

In terms of strength- Jack is strong. Strong! Strong! Strong! I still remember that he picked up a full wheelbarrow at the pumpkin patch two weeks before his 1st birthday - and pushed it around for at least 5 minutes. What 1 year old does that? Now when I get on top of him to try and tickle him, it is hard for me to pull his arms above his head. Must be his strong Indian blood!!! :)

Here are some of their quirks, progresses and loves that they are into right now.

JACK
*Just started his 2nd term of Kindergarten and still loving it- he has made huge advances in just 1 term. They just started doing spelling tests- woo! But we are working hard on our spelling and reading. He has readers that come home every night- learning basic "sight" words. Homework has begun- and it's only kindy!
*He's playing soccer- and has scored at least 1 goal in every game, although we really have to work on the FOCUS- hoping competitiveness will set in soon
*He LOVES Legos- Ninjagos and Star Wars, including the Ninjago Lego TV series. He plays Legos everyday after school. And he is so creative with them- I love seeing what he comes up with
*He loves doing mazes and coloring- huge advances in our artistic skills, including writing his name, numbers and the alphabet.
*His favorite breakfast items are croissants and cereal, and toast with jelly (he likes to put on the jelly himself).
*Favorite meal is an Oporto Chicken sandwich- and he eats two of them. He also is obsessed with cheeseburgers, broccoli, and he wants some type of dessert after every meal.
*His favorite books are The Berenstein Bears, and he loves these little K-Zone comic books they have over here
*We did start a chore chart- which includes brushing teeth, helping make the bed, unpacking backpack after school, cleaning his plates after each meal, putting away his laundry and combing his hair.
*Through the chore chart were doing an allowance so he can start earning money for extra fun things that he wants- important to teach children how to be responsible and earn the value of a dollar!
*He still wants me to take him into school and walk him in- and still holds my hand! (Have to cherish these moments while I can!)
*Loves singing and dancing- amazes me- he knows more words to songs than I do. And has shown an interest in playing the guitar? Maybe soon!

Chore Chart- my MIL got it in Tulsa somewhere- I'm sure easy to find

Jack's favorite books!

This cracks me up- who does this to their legos? 6 arms and two legs! Creative boy!

HENRY
(Hard, because he LOVES to do everything that Jack does, but we have our special moments of his play when Jack is at school)
*Favorite books are the "Look and Find"s- Elmos, Dinosaur Train and Nemo (these are the best books) and he loves the bigger sized legos- he's so great at building things
*He can pretty much count to 10- needs a little help here and there
*He knows all of the major colors- even gold- and his shapes. He's far beyond the stages in my "What to Expect Toddler Years" book- he's more in the 30 month stages.
*He's speaking full sentences all the time- cracks us up. I love hearing him say, "Ahhh man", or "awesome", or "No Jackie I had it first", or "Somebody help me", or "Henna no go to bed, we pick up Jackie". He has many more but those are my favorite
*I cannot get the child out of the house without a hat on- he's obsessed with having a baseball hat on- at all times
*He has no fear- he jumps off of everything and on to everything
*He is finally having good "goodbyes" at school- he doesn't cry and says, "Bye Mom, you pick me up later?" but is still so precious when I pick him up! He runs to me and tells me "Mom, I missed you today". Melts my heart!
*They tell me at preschool (he goes 2 days a week) that when they ask him his name, he says, "William Henry Wiltshire" and he pronounces it almost perfectly
*He still naps after lunch (Hallelujiah!)-about 1 1/2- 2 hours.
*His favorite foods are Mac&Cheese, cheeseburgers, goldfish, bananas, PB&J's (just recently), rice, dumplings, and corn on the cob. He's sweet for any chocolate!
*He loves music and dancing- his favorite song is from the Kids Puttamayo "Monkeys on the Bed"- great CD for kids by the way!


Henry's favorite book!

His little handprint chicken from Easter- he tore the eye off though!
I think that's all I can think of for now- they are fun boys! They sleep together every night (just started in the last month)- I can't separate them just yet. They both want to sleep together and I don't think it's bad for them. :) Most of the time they go right to sleep (exhausted from the day) but sometimes they have their little fights or giggle and laugh in there and we have to quiet them down, but I smile because they are so funny! And I hope and pray every night that no matter what, they are always the best of friends! Just the way brothers should be!


Comments

Popular Posts