Anniversary & Mothers Day Weekend!

Happy 6 Years of beautiful and wonderful marriage to us! I look at this picture and think how fabulous the last 6 years have been. It has been a roller coaster here and there- but good in every possible way. We are both so lucky to have each other- I love the way we push and encourage each other to reach our full potential, we fully support each other in every way, we are a great team when it comes to the boys and I love that I get to spend the rest of my life with him. My love for him is just like it was in the "blissful" first stages, but even better because I believe our respect for one another grows each and every day. I'm so looking forward to many more years with this great man!

We haven't gotten out and done a full celebration yet- my 1/2 marathon is in 6 days so were going to celebrate after. But we did go have a wonderful Italian lunch on Friday- I picked Jason up from work and we went to Crows Nest- a suburb close to our home. It was fab- I love good Italian food. It was a beautiful 80 degrees out so we sat on the patio. Great lunch date! AND....he got me my new camera that I wanted- the Nikon d7000! He is so good to me! :) I'm so excited!

The rest of the weekend seems like a bit of a blur- I've been sick- and the whole family (minus Jason). Terrible colds- I think it must be the weather. It was 80/85 on Thursday and Friday, then by Saturday it was 50 degrees. We did make it out Saturday night though. Northbridge (another suburb close by and Jack's school district) had a Fireworks night- the oval (soccer field) right next to Jack's school. It was hilarious. Of course, we brought a blanket and a few snacks, but not quite prepared as we should have been. We arrived and families had full on picnics, bottles of wine, cheese boards, lawn chairs, etc., We were so unprepared! So I made Jason run down the street and grab a pizza to go and a bottle of wine! Not the full on spread that most people had but it worked for us!

They had the gates open at 4:30 with bouncy castles, cotton candy (they call it fairy floss), popcorn, all sorts of kids rides and a bbq.

The boys had a blast- tons of Jack's friends from school were there. They did a bunch of the rides and ran around. Then the fireworks started at about 7. It was a fun (but chilly) family night! :) Boys had a late night too- we didn't get home til about 9. :)

Love this shot of Henry! 

Jack's lil' friend Lachlan

Right before the fireworks started!


Sadly we had a little too much fun (and maybe wine) on Saturday night, therefore we were all sick with more coughs and runny noses! So needless to say we didn't make it to church (didn't want to get other people sick), so we stayed in. It was still a nice Mothers Day- boys got me a cute little card and a spa mani/pedi. (Will use after the race next weekend!!!) I love my little boys and am blessed to be their Mommy! :) 

Hope ALL the other Mommy's had a great day and you were made to feel special as well! :) 

Comments

Popular Posts