Cheesecake Stuffed Strawberries


Yes, I've been M.I.A. and it's called having a terrible sinus infection. So bad, in fact, that I've been sick for 7 days AND having to forfeit my Sydney Herald 1/2 Marathon- I should be running it right now! In fact, I'd probably be about half way finished. I'm so depressed...ah well...I'll just have to run the one in September now. 

I did manage to make it out for a little bit last night. One of my good friends here was having a Birthday party- and so very important for me to go and give love and support. Actually funny how we met. We met the first day of Jack's school; we both had our boys in the Northbridge Plaza shopping area getting a coffee before school started. We started chatting and realized the boys would be in the same class. Then started chatting more and realized that we had both moved here about the same time- her from London (originally from New Zealand). Needless to say, we have alot in common- being the newbies in a big city, not having a lot of friends, etc., Plus our boys have become quite good friends. I've really enjoyed her friendship. :) 

I told her I would make a few goodies to help her out with the party- of course, you know me, I LOVE baking and cooking and I haven't had my own get together/party in so long! This was (as always) fun for me! 

This is what I made:

Cheesecake Stuffed Strawberries! They were delicious! Found the recipe off of Pinterest- but, of course, I made minor little changes (like I always do) that make all the difference. :) 

Recipe:
*1 block of softened cream cheese
*3-4 tbsp of powdered sugar
*1 tbsp of vanilla
*strawberries- pitted out to make a hollow hole
*crushed graham crackers

Basically you just mix the cream cheese, powdered sugar and vanilla. BUT here is what I did- I added a tablespoon of almond extract, a big squeeze of a lemon and the zest of 1/2 a lemon to the cream cheese mix. 

Put cream cheese in an icing piper or ziploc bag (snip off the corner) and squeeze the mix in the hold of the strawberry. Then dip the strawberry in the crushed graham crackers. * I like having the big chunks of the crackers instead of fine crumbs. :) 

Here is what I will do next time- I will use marscapone cheese instead of cream cheese- I like that better. And I may drizzle with a bit of chocolate or caramel sauce.

These were a hit- it was hard getting them out of the house yesterday as Jason kept sneaking in grabbing one after another! 




Comments

Popular Posts