Pregnancy Post: 3rd Trimester!

WOO HOO! Almost there! :) Although it really does feel like this pregnancy has flown by. Nonetheless, I'm in the last stretch. Hoping this wee one isn't a week late like the other two, but I've given up on an early or on time baby.

So I hit 28 weeks on Tuesday- the week of my 32nd Birthday and I must say that I feel really good. I am having a bit of trouble sleeping at night- I just can't seem to find a great position, but I'm sleeping, so that's still good.

Sadly I have given up my bootcamp and cardio tennis. They are both done on the tennis courts and it was just too hard on my legs- too much pressure and strain- so much that my legs ached for a good two days after that. BUT I'm still working out (despite the odd looks from the Chinese). I'm just keeping to light running/walking, elliptical, biking and weights. I have two good DVDs that I do, so that will have to work until after lil' one comes out. Plus Jack has told me that I've become quite slow while running (thank you my sweet one).

I'm not in a huge rush for this one- as in I don't feel like I need to have his room/nursery fully together. His room is actually our current guest room so I've decided not to put his room together until after he arrives. I have a bassinet and pack and play that we are going to use while he's in our room- then I'll get to that later. Guess that comes with the third child right?

Now what about names?!??! The question I get all the time. NOPE- don't have one yet. Have we thought about it- yes, but we really haven't nailed one down yet. Here's the deal, I give out suggestions and Jason either says no way or maybe. He is the MOST difficult when it comes to naming our children. Yet, I asked him the other day if he had any suggestions and he said no. Typical. Ugh. However, we won't reveal until the lil' one is born. I like to look at them first and make sure it fits perfectly.

I am wondering quite a bit about this one- for some reason I feel like this little one is going to be a big boy. I have nothing to go with though as both of my boys are completely opposite when it came to their birth weight- Jack was a whopping 8 lbs. 10 and Henry was only 7 lbs. (and I know 7 lbs is a very good size baby, but after almost a 9 pounder, that was tiny!) Makes me a bit nervous- though all the Chinese nurses here like to comment on the big baby and how I have big hips. Thank you, what every pregnant woman wants to hear. :)

On the subject of my chinese nurses, I will say that my last appointment was pretty funny. She was doing the initial scan for the heartbeat (before I met with my doctor) and lil' one kept kicking the wand and the nurse laughed and said, "Oh he's a naughty boy". I immediately laughed. All Chinese call children naughty- in their sense they mean more ornery. But I thought to myself- no, he just doesn't like you poking around on him.

Anyway- I have another appointment in 2 weeks. We shall see then how lil' one (or big one!) is progressing. My belly is progressing though- ugh. So hard to lean over and put on my bloody shoes. I will not think that I still have 2 1/2 months to grow....big big big

Here are a few pics- need to document this growing belly!

Last week at the gym- you should see all the looks I get from working out. :)
I sent this to Jason- guns and belly!

Taken before church on Sunday- Gap dress! 

And this was taken on Tuesday- exactly 28 weeks. :) 


I'm sure by my next post I could possibly be miserable- this may be the last of the niceness in this pregnancy. I hope I don't complain too much- especially because it's starting to get HOT here! Oh well- I'm being patient (somewhat) but I can't wait to meet our newest lil' man!



Comments

  1. you look great, lady! not too much longer!! I hope you had a wonderful birthday!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts