Henry's 4th Birthday!

It's bittersweet really because I can't believe my little "baby" is now 4. And now he says he's a big boy. Which I know it's true. He really is and is going to be a big brother soon, but he's been my baby for so long that it's hard to let go. Jason keeps telling me that I have another baby coming so he doesn't know why I"m so upset....well why would he...(no offense) but he's a man. (And I think it's different because it's his son, not a daughter).

Anyway- we had a nice little celebration for our little tiger. We opted not to do a party this year- (next year!) and his big celebration will be at DisneyLand here in HK next weekend. I do feel a little bad- Henry has really only had one party, which was his 1st. When he turned 2 we had only been in Sydney for about 4 months- Henry wasn't in school and didn't really have too many friends his age. Then last year (when he turned 3), we literally had landed in HK 2 days before (he actually fell asleep on Jason's shoulder as we were walking to dinner for that birthday!). I know it's not that big of a deal- I mean he's so young he will probably not remember. Honestly he's happy being with his family and getting his gifts- we don't always need a big hoopla!

So on Sunday morning (the day before- yes!) we opened his gifts and had his favorite cinnamon rolls (all the way from the States) and eggs. He was thrilled- though he's always trying to give Jack some of his presents - and only because Jack tries to con him in to switching or giving them to him. (Henry would do anything for his big brother!)

He looks so tiny standing up on the ottoman- I don't know why! :) 

BIG BOY 4! 

Oh his Skylanders- his favorite!


Then that afternoon we had our old neighbors over for nibbles and cake. The most wonderful cake too! My friend Joanna made it and not only did it turn out fabulous looking but it also tasted amazing as well. She has her own business here in HK so contact her HERE . You will not be disappointed! 

Here are some pics of our afternoon and the fab cake: 









And on his actual birthday, Monday the 17th, we went out to his favorite dinner at Din Tai Fung- that tiger of ours LOVES those dumplings! (I should have known- I was eating a steamed bun from there the first time I felt him kick- and he was pounding the xiao long bao before he was 1). We had a great time celebrating our little one- and looking forward to celebrating at Disney next weekend too! :)


Henry and the best big brother Jack- wrestling in bed on the night of Henry's birthday- nothing says love like a big brother hug! :) 

Comments

Popular Posts