Pregnancy Post: 26 Weeks

Well, technically I'm almost at 27 weeks, but you know the 6 1/2 month mark is pretty big....that means I'm almost in my 3rd trimester! I think I can say that this pregnancy has FLOWN by more than the others- I guess that's what happens when you're too busy with boys and a foreign country to have time to think about it.

This is a pic I sent to Olivia- it was right at 25 weeks. She always likes to see how the belly is progressing! And ...my "boyfriend" pants from Victoria Secrets...they are comfy!


I have noticed a significant difference in the pressure in my legs. I know part of it has to do with the fact that we have marble floors and our bedroom is on the 3rd floor (that's a total of 4 sets of steps to get up). My legs definitely have alot more strain on them than they have before, so when I can I elevate them and rest (but that doesn't happen too often!)

I'm still doing bootcamp and cardio tennis (though we've been on break for Chinese New Year) and I'd like to make it another 2 weeks or so....we shall see. I've been running but I'm quite slow and it puts alot of strain on my bladder and legs. So I run about 1/2 a mile, then walk 1/2 a mile and usually do about 2- 2 1/2 miles. Lifting weights and doing other excercises is not a big deal. Actually, the other night I was doing crunches (still important to keep those abs strong!) and Jason laughed saying I looked ridiculous and why was I even bothering!?! :) I think I may start doing more swimming though....

I do have to post- this this one (and no name yet!) is a mover and a shaker. The lil' stinker moves ALL THE TIME! Well, he does let me rest at night (or I can't feel it as much). He always kicks if I'm starting to get hungry and right after I eat, then just random times during the day. Alot of times it is when the boys are around. Jack actually got to feel him kick the other day- it was hysterical. I was laying on the couch with Jack watching TV and I put his hand on my tummy. Of course Jack wasn't watching my tummy but the TV and then there was a giant kick. Jack's face was priceless! He has a shocked look- mouth wide open- then a huge grin. He told me he couldn't believe he was that strong. AH- special moment I won't forget! :) (Jason has felt him too- just not Henry)

I can't say that I have any cravings really- just the same food I always eat. And here and there I need some good red meat- dumplings are always a favorite and there are a few good steak places around that we go too. Every morning I have a coffee and a piece of toast then about an hour or two later I have to have some oatmeal or protein (usually scrambled eggs or over easy with avocados). I do have a few of my go to snacks that I brought over from the States- so I'm having to have my Mom send more (only because I have two lil' rascals that keep eating them). They're just when I need something sweet- I try not to eat too much sugar. And it's hard- you know how us pregnant ladies like to have our sweets! So I opt for my bars and I love this honey greek yogurt and I mix strawberries or bananas in it. :) (So different from my 1st pregnancy when I had Jason go down to Braums all the time for my twist yogurt...ha ha! )

Yum! I love these and the strawberry ones! ....so do the boys! 

I'm obsessed with coconuts and almonds so these are my favorite right now! 
I did have a minor panic last weekend- it got really warm here in Hong Kong. Why would I panic- well because pregnancy and heat don't work out well (I swell up!) and I have NO clothes. So I did an emergency order from Gap Maternity for some dresses and a few pairs of shorts- even though there aren't alot of summer things out yet. Come on! But thankfully it's dropped down again so I"m good for now.



This is from last weekend- this is a dress from Gap (not maternity) but it works for now! Cool and enough room to expand! 
Though I have been rather depressed- it's so humid here in Hong Kong. Any socks I wear leave marks on me because I'm already starting to get water retention. Ugh. Miserable.

I have an appointment this week with my doctor...then right around the corner from 3rd trimester! Guess we should start thinking about names and finding a crib! :)
And this is from this morning- getting ready to go workout. Yes, my northface is getting a bit small and yes, I have my toothbrush in my mouth! :) 

Comments

Popular Posts