Phillip @ 1 Month!

My lil' one and I- taken at 1 month old! 
Ah how time flies by too quickly! It just seems like yesterday that I brought our little pookie home and now he's 1 month old. And let me just tell you- this guy has already been through quite a lot- though thankfully for him he will not remember a bit of it!

He did have his 1 month appointment yesterday. The porker has put on 3 1/2 lbs since birth! The doctor laughed hysterically. She is Asian (though perfect English) and she just thinks he's too funny. She noted that (yes just like the other boys) he's 90th percentile in height and weight. She again told me not to tell anyone about his nightly sleeping either- Phillip is sleeping 6 hours (last night it was 7), then wakes up for a short feed, then down another 3-4 hours. So he's a fantastic sleeper! But the "little" problem is- during the day when he's awake he wants to eat ALL the time. ALL THE TIME! I'm breastfeeding and then he has about 6-8oz. of formula as well. Jason and I have decided that we think he will be the biggest of the boys- he's packing on the pounds because he's been listening to the other 2 and knows he has to keep up!

Let's see- he's had all the major milestones that most babies do at this point- he has more awake time during the day. He's tracking our movement (I love it when he watches Jason), he's smiling, he's making little cooing noises, and he's grabbing on to things. His smiles are so cute (of course) and Jack gets so excited when he does. He screams "Oh he's smiling at me Mom", and he gets so excited. It's precious. He also loves now when Jason makes little noises at him- he coos and smiles at him and watches him forever. That's sweet too. Little moments like these I love.

He's already traveled quite a bit around the city- he's been to my Mandarin lesson in Tsim Sha Tsui (with all my Aussie gals), he's been to Central a few times, to Admiralty to see Daddy near his work, he's been to Sai Kung, to Shatin (twice now for dumplings, even though he's obviously not old enough to partake), to quite a few malls, etc., He's a city traveler here in Hong Kong!

We did just get his passport back today- that was not a fun day! As mentioned in my previous post- it's quite the task to get things done here in Hong Kong. So Jason and I spent a good few hours going to and getting his passport issued, then I had to hop in a taxi and head to an appointment for his circumcision. Yes, it was not done in the hospital. Unlike the US, it's not really standard practice here (or other countries).

That's a story in and of itself and I'm certainly glad Jason was not there. He would have been scarred again. The doctor asked me before he started if I would be okay in the room and wanted to make sure I wasn't "scared" (again, good thing Jason wasn't there). Very traumatic for the little guy, but at least he won't remember a thing. I did however watch the whole thing and I could see why a guy wouldn't want to watch that. (NOTE: when trying to find the best surgeons I asked around on different forums, etc., Some ladies obviously gave me great information and others wrote things like, "How could you mutilate your son like that", etc.,). Different world were living in over here...

I also was told something I didn't know (and who knows how many actually do this), but when I asked him if Phillip could sleep on his stomach after the surgery (yes my son sleeps on his stomach and not his back- that's a whole other blogpost!), he started in on the stats of how it's not good, etc., etc., So I just sit there shaking my head, thinking "okay okay". And then he proceeds to tell me that I should do as the Chinese and put Phillip on his back to sleep BUT put a bag of rice on either side of him (to keep him from rolling over I guess?!?). So then I just looked at him. Right?!? I'll rush right home and do that! ha ha!

Getting his passport photo was another fun treat- a glorious trip to the mall. Where, of course, right as I'm going into the photo shop, Phillip has a major blow out in his outfit. All over. So I go to change him and she tells me that none of the outfits I have will work because they all have too much white in them. The only one I had was a little sleeveless onesie that says "I LOVE MUMMY". So that's what he has in his passport photo. Then I had to hold him up, with his head up (balancing) and the girl had the audacity to ask me if he would smile. Seriously? He was 10 days old. Then she told me that my fingers were in the way. So I had to, and not so politely, tell her that he couldn't hold his head up all the way. So on this goes for a few minutes. My arm is killing me from holding him up. And I finally tell her to get someone else. Ah well- we got the photo and now we don't have to worry about doing that for another 5 years!

I laugh at these little stories now- they are so different than what I experienced with Jack or Henry. And I know I will love that I've written these for him to read one day.

He's such a joy to all of us- and has been cuddled over and over by so many people here. Lots of my girlfriends that have older children are getting their baby "fix". I can already tell though that he's quite spoiled- he likes to be held. Oh yes. And our helper holds him every chance she gets. I constantly have to remind her that it's okay if he fusses a bit and doesn't always need to be held, though I find myself doing the same thing!

Well, time to put the little man to bed. He's had his bath- every night Daddy gives it to him- and he knows what's next. He has a little time on the bed to snuggle with Dad. Then I wrap him up nice and snuggy (Jason calls him his little "larva" because that's what he looks like), I nurse him and then he's out! Okay, I snuggy with him a bit longer after he's fallen asleep...
Henry keeping him company- 1 week old! 

10 days old- lunch at our Country Club- had to sit inside because it was way too hot! 

He he! In progress to becoming a fat budda baby!
And this is how he likes to cuddle with Jason- he gets in his arms and just passes out! 

I love this one- first taxi ride- it was obviously stressful for him too!




Ha! Jack loves to hold him, but only for a few minutes! Phillip is trying to figure out what's going on! 


Nothing sweeter than a sleeping baby!






Comments

  1. he is so soooo cute!!! and I cannot believe it's already been a month!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts