Pregnancy Post: Hopefully the last one...less than a week to go!


Well, I say that! Good gosh, someone just save me! That's what I think most of the time...especially as I waddle along in this ridiculously humid Hong Kong weather. Or as I try to make it up our stairs...did you know I have 3 LONG flights of stairs to make it up to our master bedroom. Jack has said that the stairs are my "enemies" and he honestly couldn't be more right!

Jason said I walked down the stairs the other day with such a scowl- and I know I did - sometimes I can feel the horns rising out of my head when he asks me "did you really get up at 3 a.m?" Yes, I did my love!

I really have enjoyed my pregnancies and I do love being pregnant but the last 2 weeks have really been pretty miserable. But...I'm sure anyone that has been pregnant before knows this. No sleep, huge belly that is constantly in the way, lovely braxton contractions, everyone always asking when the baby is coming (as if you know?), and really just the waiting (I'm so impatient sometimes).

So in light of that topic of being patient, it's quite ironic that my devotion with the boys the other night was "Patient Penguins". And what does God say, "Love is patient and kind", 1 Corinthians 13:4

The devotion talks about the Emperor penguins and their process of having babies. Interesting enough it is the fathers that keep the egg warm...and for 54 days...all the while huddling around with the other dads and NOT EATing! Then when the egg hatches the Mom comes back. Now how does that work out? I told my Mother about this and we laughed hysterically thinking about Jason having to do this- I mean can you imagine any of your husband's doing this? Absolutely not. Jack said Dad wouldn't last one day without food! 



However, that night as I lay in bed (being miserable) I thought about this devotion I read with the boys and it made me cry. So I prayed and I asked God to help me to be patient because God does bless us when we wait patiently and what more perfect and greater blessing than our baby boy that will be here soon. I do so love the way God reminds us about his Word.

I did think it was go time on Saturday- I got really nauseous and was having cramps and just felt it could be time. We were actually watching the Thunder game (upstairs on my computer through NBA TV- yes it's that pathetic- because Honkers sports station wanted to play ping pong and rerun football games!- honestly!). When I told Jason this he laughed and said, "yeah but there's 4 minutes left in the game, can it wait til then". I laughed because I knew he was joking- why do men do this? It's why there are so many pregnancy movies out there because guys really do say things like this- and I'm sure some of them are quite serious. You know my Dad actually asked my Mom (when she was in labor with me) if my Uncle could come in and watch? Crazy!

Anyway- nothing happened and that was almost a week ago. False alarm! Boo! 

That being said- I am really trying to be patient- but don't think that I'm not trying to do all the old "wives tales" and "myths" about spurring on labor- I've tried pineapple juice, spicy foods, walking, stair climbing, etc., I haven't done all of them but I'm working on it! Alright, I'll try to stay patient. After all, I do know that God does have his oh so perfect timing and so does this little angel. :) 

NOW THE NEXT POST I DO IS GOING TO BE ABOUT THE ARRIVAL OF BABY WILTSHIRE #3! AND THAT'S IT! 

This was taken on Tuesday- belly belly! 

And this was taken today- Bosco and I went on a long walk-inclusive of hills and stairs! 

Comments

Popular Posts