Pregnancy Post: 37 WEEKS!!!!

Ah in the final stretch- and oh how the belly has grown since my last posting at 28 weeks. Needless to say I haven't had a whole lot of time (and sleep deprivation adds to this!) to document this last bit of pregnancy.

What I can say is that I'm ready for this lil' man to come out! I don't know if it's because I'm older (I had Jack almost 8 years ago) but at night I feel like I have a giant boulder attached to my stomach. So I toss and turn all night trying to find a good position, then sometimes end up on my back and wake up with these painful stitches in the bottom of my stomach. Ugh. But I will say (one thing positive) it's kinda nice getting up early in the morning- then I have some quiet time before everyone else wakes up- granted that 4:30 is a bit extreme some days, but 5:30 is doable.

I've actually got quite a little "spot" that I've got now too - it's pretty sad. The boys have two big bean bags in our living room and one night I curled up on one while we were watching a movie and fell straight asleep. It was SOOOOO comfortable. So now on the weekend when we're all here having "quiet time", I curl up on those and fall asleep. But it's a process- I feel like a dog- I have to get in there just right before it's perfect, then it's absolute heaven. AND you don't even want to know how terrible it is to get up- very sad and pathetic I'm sure to watch but this mommy doesn't care one bit!

I did have an appointment last week and everything looks perfect. Baby is, of course, down and in position. He was at my last appointment too. I tell this to Jason and he says, "what does that mean". Well, what do you mean "what does that mean?". I said, "well, dear, the baby is preparing himself for delivery". His reply was, "I'm not prepared yet". I can't even tell you the response I gave him...he's not prepared..."his bags aren't packed" (that was his first response when Jack was born). This is just another reason why men shouldn't (and couldn't) have babies...they can't handle the pressure. God has his reasoning for everything right...including who has the babies! And honestly- this is the man's 3rd baby-shouldn't he know what to do anyway?

We do often have the conversation about the movement inside the belly- for some reason it's so weird to Jason and he says he can't imagine it. Well, of course, I don't think I ever could either. It's definitely one of those things (movement of a baby inside of you) that's hard to describe or think about, unless you get to experience it first hand. But it's one of the most amazing and most incredible things and I'm so thankful that I do get to feel him moving around (even if sometimes it is quite painful).

This baby is quite the active one. Jack was active (Henry not as much) but this one I feel is like a little alien constantly trying to claw his way out. I've actually gotten so used to it that I'll be in the middle of a conversation or doing something and he's rolling around- jabs here and there- and I just go on with things. Maybe he will be a little less active when he comes out... :)

The boys are still quite sweet with the belly and are constantly running up and kissing it or patting it. I think they (along with me) are quite anxious for his arrival. We still are having fun with the "name game"- though I will not take any of their suggestions. Jack likes to yell the name to make sure it sounds good when it is yelled...take it from the mind of a 7 year old. And still no name yet- we have a few we like but nothing set in stone, and won't be til I see my lil' angel's face....which I can't wait!

Jack has also been really helpful in assisting me in preparing for his youngest brother. He help me put the pack n play together- which was a task- it has everything and anything attached to it. Him and Henry both like looking at the clothes and little baby toys- they especially like hearing which ones were theres as babies. We do have just about everything we need- no bags packed yet, but I suppose I could do that this weekend. Otherwise, we are ready for baby!

I have started having the wonderful braxton contractions in the last 3 weeks- and let me tell you what a stir I cause in public places. Especially when I'm bending over to get a carton of eggs and grab my back side (right there on that sciatic nerve is his favorite spot to hit!). I've gotten curb side service at 3 grocery stores now (something I haven't gotten in the whole year I've been here). I know they keep thinking I'm going to go into labor any minute and they want to get me out safe and sound.

I've still been quite the champ as far as working out, though it's not near as strenuous. I did pick up tennis lessons in March and April, but just gave those up this last week (thought I would enjoy some time home alone since both Henry and Jack are at school all day!)- plus it's hard on my legs. I mainly do walking and cycling, then alternate with one of my workout videos- Denise Austin GET FIT FAST DVD (I've actually had this one for ages) and I do my Yoga Dvd Website Here (though I just bought it on iTunes and do it through my AppleTV). I mean I definitely still enjoying walking and lifting weights- I don't want to get too out of shape, but I do love that prenatal yoga. I've never done it with my other pregnancies and it's so very good for my back and I love the stretches. Now granted I have to make sure I don't have a certain 4 year old underneath me when I'm doing some of the poses (which he so loves to do), but it's a lifesaver. If I've had a really bad night of sleeping and I wake up just aching, then I do that and it honestly does wonders....highly recommend prenatal yoga for anyone!

Ah so such is life, especially when you are SO close to that due date. Jason has a quick trip to make this coming week and then I think I'll be doing everything and anything to get this lil' one out...partially because I'm a bit miserable (this HK humidity is an absolute mess!) but also because I'm getting impatient. I'm so ready to meet this little love of ours... come on baby boy...we are ready!


Picture taken on March 28th- just a few days before my mother in law arrived- @ 32 1/2 weeks

Swimming at at beach here in HK- yes I broke out the big belly in a two piece. No other options- and it's quite weird lathering it up with sunscreen! @35 weeks

This one cracks me up- it's so big the way it sticks out right here- big beach ball attached! 







And today- technically about 37 1/2 weeks! It's a beach ball! 




















Comments

Popular Posts