It's been 6 Months...Transition still in Progress!

Yes, it's been half a year since we've made our big move back to the US. Saying that we've been here for 6 months just somehow sounds so odd. Time has flown yet I don't know still how I feel about it all. And honestly part of me even feels bad for saying that because I know people think that maybe I don't love Oklahoma as much as I do, and it's not as exciting, or I'm not proud of my State. But that's not how it is at all. I've been exposed to an entirely different lifestyle and world and all are very dear to my heart. The thing is, when you've been in limbo for this many years, it's hard to find your place again.

I run into people all the time that I haven't seen in awhile (or since being back) and their first question usually is "how is it to be back?" and honestly my answer is always different. It's kinda like "how's your day going?" in that it just depends on the day. There are days that I truly miss living overseas- I miss the adventures that we used to have exploring around our cities, the interaction on a daily basis with some of the oddest circumstances, the food (ugh let's not talk about that), and really just having our own little world. Yet I love being back here. It's a fresh of breath air (literally and physically) to be near family, to go to the grocery store and know what you want will be there, the ease of shopping, the boys being involved in sports (and not just talking about soccer or futbol), having two cars, etc., I mean I could really go on about the list of pros.

It's just rather difficult coming back. Our world is not the same as it was when we first left Tulsa and I think for me, it's just truly a transition in trying to figure out exactly where we belong. However that being said and after the numerous moves that we've done, I know that it takes time. It's going to take me at least a year to feel truly comfortable here. And I know some of you are thinking I'm absolutely crazy but that's the reality of it. And truth be told. I'm okay with that. We all have periods in our lives that our "transitions" and "new beginnings" and for me I welcome it with open arms.

Our boys are in different stages and they're in activities so we're meeting new people. All of our friends we once hung out with quite often have new babies and different lives. Jason's business is totally different so that's bringing in lots of changes to us as well. So that's tough somedays really. For me I have to tell myself that our life is not what it was when we left Tulsa 7 years ago and I cannot expect it to be the same- and that includes every facet of our life. So for me, the best way I know how to work this is just to pretend like this is a new city and a new life.

Then there's me. I always ALWAYS always try and figure out my life. And I'm not just talking about being a wife and a mother. That is what I am. I never leave that role. It is who I am and is at the core of my heart. But there are areas in my life that I've still yet to explore and it's definitely been fun exploring those different avenues in other countries, and so now it's time to do the same. Again, this will take time though because as mentioned, it does take time to transition and my main priority is making sure these boys (husband as well) are firmly planted and feeling comfortable in our new "home".

I have taken on a "little" job. Fun really. I'm working part time at Williams Sonoma. I love it. (Thought I"m pretty sure my husband doesn't love the margin of what my paycheck is for what I spend there!). As much as I love my boys and I love being a mother, I think it's so fantastic to get out of the house for a bit. To do something you love- whether it be a job or a hobby or going to the gym. Making time for you is so very crucial. Many wise MEN have stated, "If Mama ain't happy then nobody is happy!". And however simple that statement may be, it's true to the core!

Now, on and forward into the New Year! 2014 was a whirlwind of changes for us and every year I swear that we will have somewhat of a "normal" year, but I"m just going to say that I"m going to welcome whatever may come our way!

Happy New Year~ and cheers to 2015!!!!
Okay yes, my heart and belly are telling me that I miss these! I want to cry! We would all just give anything for some of our delicious dim sum! 

Ha! Jason would die if he knew I was posting this! Sure don't miss those LONG LONG flights!

The picture doesn't do it justice, but I love Oklahoma sunsets! Happy to see those again!

And super happy to be back with family and football! 

And maybe not for me but I know my boys love having delicious donuts back...they're just not the same overseas!

But I do miss this- nothing beats a run down this view (and passing some old Chinese tai chi group!)

Okay another one we don't miss- especially Jason. This was his daily commute on the train! Notice he doesn't look so amused by the situation! I'm sure he enjoys having his own car now!

Comments

Popular Posts