Abney-Hahn Wedding Weekend!...a Mini Vacay!

Well I think now that the newlyweds recently arrived home from their honeymoon I can recount the fun wedding weekend so we can relive it all over again! Best destination wedding...well not for them...but for us! And oh how I needed it!

So on to one of my best friend's wedding...Megan! And off we went to good ole' San Diego! Do you know that this was actually Jason and I's first trip away from the boys since our 1 year anniversary to NYC? Yep..so almost 8 years ago! Yikes! That's too long. Sadly enough, even though I had a fabulous time, I still missed my little munchkins.

I will admit that I was a little anxious to leave. I mean we have 3 boys, including a 5 month old, so it was "divide and conquer" literally between the in-laws. I also didn't realize how hectic it was going to be to get them sorted...I mean a list of their activities and practices, what they needed, what they needed to wear to school, lunches, snacks, games for the weekend. It was a bit crazy. BUT we got it sorted and all was well over the weekend...so much in fact that I don't think they even missed us. :)

Okay back to the wedding weekend! Megan and Kris live in San Diego so obviously a perfect place to hold their wedding (even though they are not from there!). Megan is one of my dearest and closest friends. We met freshmen year at OU during rush...oh those days. And she's been a genuine and true friend...and I can say that because when you move overseas it's funny how quickly people start to loose touch with you. BUT she never did. Always took the time to call and check in or send me an email. And even though I hadn't seen her since our trip out to LA (she was living there at the time) before we moved to Shanghai, we are still incredibly close. That's the thing with the real deal...distance doesn't matter!

We flew out Thursday morning and met up with our friends Pat & Jenn and off we went...short trip and arrived at the Catamaran Resort & Spa. A fantastic getaway...in the Pacific Beach community and right on Mission Bay. It is great for families and couples...the beach is walking distance across the street and there is a ton to do in the area. I would go back there...and bring the boys.

Woo hoo! No kids...snack stop at TGIFridays in Dallas! 

Ah...a fantastic cup of coffee on the beach..Woodys'! The BEST! 

And the resort...the back side facing Mission Bay!
And strolling across the street on the beach side! 


This was such a fun weekend for me...not only to celebrate Kris and Megan...but to see everyone. Most of my sorority sisters I haven't seen since we moved overseas, so I'm talking 7 years! And not to mention, I hadn't met Kris either. Finally time to met the man of Megan's future...and he was great...couldn't be more happy for them! 

The first night Kris's parents had rented a beach house a few blocks away from the resort (and can I tell you all of these houses are fab...check them out for rental if going!). So they hosted a night of drinks and street tacos- literally there was a guy on the sidewalk (in front of Mission Bay) cooking up tacos. And the best tacos. And in the dark (he only had a little light). Lots of fun that night meeting the rest of the wedding party, Megan's friends from all over and catching up with old friends!


(Side note...this is now the third time I"m writing this because this poopie thing is not saving right!).

So on to the next morning where my hubby and I enjoyed a nice early breakfast! Nothing like your internal alarm clock waking you up even though you have no kids with you (does that mean they never really leave you?). But had a scrumptious breakfast at Woodys (a little shack/restaurant across the street). We so loved watching all the people passing by...people of every sorts...you could watch for hours and never get bored. Also enjoyed a nice time on the beach just soaking up the sun and the sound of the waves...made us reminisce a lot about our time in Sydney (made us want to move back too!).

Then on with the bride...for our afternoon at the Wave House...which we had to trek to. Miss Megan informed us that it was just a short walk...needless to say after a gruesome hike (almost 2 miles) we arrived. At least we got to watch the boys surf and have cold drinks! It's a fun place...lots to do! "Party on the Beach" is what it says...and I believe it! Then we made the hike back...the only good part was great company and looking at all the cool rental houses on the beach. Maybe we'll actually do like what we talked about and go back for a trip with the kids...or without! :)






Next...on to the rehearsal and the rehearsal dinner...after all...it was a wedding weekend! The ceremony and rehearsal dinner were both held in Old Town- a fantastic little area that really is a must see of San Diego...I would go back. The ceremony was to be held at the Immaculate Conception Catholic Church, which was a gorgeous venue for this wedding. I think enough of us have been in weddings before so the rehearsal was a breeze. Then off to the rehearsal dinner...and what else, of course, but Mexican! It was held at the Barra Barra Saloon and they did a fabulous job, so another thanks to the grooms parents for a wonderful evening!

We did go to the same club near our hotel after the rehearsal dinner (don't even ask me the name of it!) but didn't stay long...I think most of us had participated in a little too much "celebrating" the night before. I'm sorry...not in college anymore and this lil' mama needed her rest!

The bride and her bridesmaids! 

Me and the beautiful bride! 


NOW for the big and highly anticipated WEDDING DAY! OOOH...I know Megan had been waiting for this day but when I saw her on Saturday morning she was as calm as can be! She even was up early that morning and took a walk with her dad...she was ready...and it was just the perfect day for the most wonderful person. I love writing this and being able to relive such a precious memory...for such a dear sweet friend.

Nothing much to say about the "morning of" except for what the bridal party does...but "talk" and get ready, even though that's not work because someone else is doing it! Lots of pictures though...so warning...there are a TON to come! And as expected (because I had to do my bridesmaid duties) I ditched the camera for the wedding so there are none of the service just after...
Pictures of us being "beautified", right before the ceremony and in the limo after! "Fireball" made another appearance...just can't seem to get rid of it! 


I loved the ceremony. IT was a Catholic ceremony so it was a bit longer than most, but beautiful nonetheless. My favorite part was Megan. She was hysterical. When she gets nervous she starts laughing uncontrollably...this cute little giggle, so can you guess when that happened? Yep, right during the vows! It took her a few minutes to compose herself, but from where we were sitting all I could see was her shoulders shaking. It was really funny...and Kris was no help in trying to get her to stop...a cute sentiment of their relationship and made the vows that much more special!

We took the limo (yes the Hummer Limo) to a nearby beach to take the rest of the pictures after the ceremony and it was a gorgeous location. Yet another place I need to go back to...in La Jolla. Perfect view for wedding pictures...and here are some I took...

Yes...the beautiful location of the beach pictures. Note...the center one was taken by one of the boys. I asked them to hold my camera and they hijacked it and took pictures of themselves...as per bottom left hand corner! ha ha! ...then I had to get one of them checking out their phones...I"m sure checking in on the latest football scores. 


Next up...party time...and celebration of the new bride and groom! :) WE now introduce you to Mr and Mrs. Hahn! Woo hoo! :) It was a wonderful ceremony and a great way to celebrate this new couple. It was a sit down dinner with fabulous food, great toasts, superb dancing and the best way to end this getaway weekend! I loved catching up with more of my old sorority sisters and meeting some of Megan's other friends....she's got friends all over!

So here we go...pictures to end this great weekend...because the next morning we were up early for our flight and home to our babies...(that I missed ridiculously despite having the best weekend...does that make sense? Of course it does if your a mother!)

My Kappa Alpha Theta girls~ BOOMER SOONER! 

And singing the Theta song to Megan...a tradition at every wedding. :) 

Well...the hubby tried to take good pictures...and yes, Kris got serenaded as well! 

And my Tulsa partner in crime...Jenn! 

Love these girls! 

And I couldn't do this post and not put pictures of Pat dancing....

....there were many many more! 

And more of my favorite gals! 

And the bride after almost said and done! 

Photo bomb...though still a cute pic...silly groomsmen! 
And that's it folks...the wedding of 2014~! Loved reliving it through my blog...

Comments

Popular Posts