Jack's 8th Birthday Celebrations

I cannot believe that my first born just turned 8 (last week actually!). Ah where has the time gone! I just picked up a shirt for him in San Diego and got AGAIN a size too small. I told my husband that I'm pretty sure my brain is in constant denial about how big he is. There is no way to me that he can possibly be a kids Large...because that means he's almost in the Mens' sizes. NOT POSSIBLE. I guess I will just continue to buy him too small of shirts and make him look goofy. ha ha!

This is actually the first year that Jack hasn't had a big blowout party. After last year, I told him he could just have a few friends over for a sleepover. So that's what we did! No pinterest, over the top, glorified party...just a few boys, little bowling, eating, staying up late and boys' sheenanigans. He loved it!

We did it over fall break so it was fantastic- perfect time! He just had 3 boys. All of which are either on his football team or friends at school. We took them bowling, then to play arcade games. Jason came back the "coolest Dad" because apparently he hit the jackpot spinning for tickets. So all the boys got to pick out a prize...including those little spin tops that spin up in the air (those only caused a few accidents!). Fed them chik-fil-a, then off to watch a movie. Jack was funny, he said they all tried to stay up all night and just couldn't do it. I honestly think they fell asleep about 11....didn't even make it to midnight. (although I know that this won't always be the case!)

We wrapped up fall break and his birthday celebrations (because YES, we do BIRTHDAY weeks!) with a trip to Jason's grandparent's lake house- a place we love!- and then a family birthday party.

We also took a small trip to the pumpkin patch...we hadn't been since right before Jack turned one. And this was when I looked over and my 11 month old had literally picked up a wheelbarrow and was walking with it. Seriously? That tells you about him...brute strength...doesn't ever know it either! Now..I'm sure some will get a little heated about my "opinion" on the pumpkin patch but I'm pretty sure we will be skipping it for a few years. I mean HONESTLY...the soiree of people just there to take pictures of their kids in front of the pumpkins! Yes...we were there too...and that part was miserable. Of course I love doing anything with my boys but I can't take people forcing their children to pose and making them and everyone else truly miserable in the process! BOO! However, the boys did LOVE picking out their pumpkins and trying to lift them...hilarious. And Henry loved his camel ride...he he...even though it was literally a minute jaunt. Gosh. And $80 for pumpkins...at least we got a slew of them...better than the $50 I paid in HK last year for the 3 tiniest things I've ever seen!



The birthday celebration! 
Okay, back to JACK! Jack did get some pretty neat gifts and he just loved this being the first year (since he was 1) that he got to celebrate his birthday with all of his family. Right now family is the world to him and that just was the icing on the cake! And the big lego set and electric scooter! This boy is set!

Just wrapping up with some of our pictures from his Birthday week!





Ah yes...asleep on the golf cart ride! 

This is what we got folks! 

Okay no pinterest party...but pinterest Rice Krispie Cupcakes...add in a little yellow cake mix and you have the BEST rice krispies ever! 

Ha! Family photo time with the birthday boy! 

And this is my snuggler....he's so happy with his little stuffed animals he got! Still my "little" boy! 
I should have added this on there but I wanted to "note" what Jack is in to now and what's going on with him. Shall I mention that he's 92 lbs. and in a boys size L shirt. I think I mentioned above how big he's getting and I'm still in denial.

He's still my little cuddle bug. He comes down every morning and wants a hug, which melts my heart. Though all my dancing that was once "cool" is now not. When I sing and dance in the car he says "that's just weird". So then I torture him a bit. I told him for Halloween I was going to have music outside and dance around singing "I'm Jack's Mom", "I'm Jack's Mom". Oh the worst. I guess we've entered into that stage. But I will say it's not too bad. He enjoys me going up to school and always gives me a hug.

He's really a good help with Phillip. He picks him up when he's crying and entertains him when I need a few extra minutes. Him and Henry continue to fight. Jack loves to aggravate his middle brother. 

School is excellent. His reading has improved profoundly, especially when he's not rushing through. We read 15-20 minutes every night. He really doesn't have too much homework during the week, but he does it well and is pretty responsible about it, but of course, we still have whining about it here and there. 

We start basketball tonight (one more week of football too). Jack has never played so this should be fun! I hope he likes it. 

I finally picked up our Wii from my parents house and Jack has been into "Just Dance". He is actually pretty good. It's hysterical to watch him. He loves dancing. I mean it's a talent to watch and copy moves...not everyone can do it. We all enjoy watching him. 

We just love this boy...and excited to see how he evolves and the "big boy" he's becoming...

Comments

Popular Posts