Kid's Say the Darndest things....the boys views on the new Baby!

So in keeping with my pregnancy, there is no way that I can't keep memories of the funny things that Henry has said to me about the baby (have to start now- I'm sure I've already forgotten some of them). I will have to keep adding to this one as time goes along but I'm so loving this part of my pregnancy and having older boys.

When I was pregnant with Henry, Jack was just turning 3, so he did get the notion of a new baby brother, but didn't really seem to care much (what 2/3 year old does?). Both boys now like to ask me questions about what the baby is doing, or "when is he coming out", etc., etc., and it's so very entertaining to hear their precious remarks.

Of course, these are remarks that you could only get out of a child. They do so take everything literally and because they don't yet know fully about this process, their mind wanders and skips around all the different scenarios in what this baby could possibly be doing. Is the baby playing video games? Eating? Laughing? It's all too much! :)

So here are some of the funny things that Henry has said to me (and a few of Jack's):

1. One day while in the car coming home from school, Henry asked me, "Mom, what door does the baby come out of?" - my reply was nothing but laughing! How do you even answer that question to a 3 year old

2. Henry has, since the day we told him about the baby, asked me "when the baby is coming out?" But he doesn't understand time yet, so it's difficult for him. Though I've been telling him for time sake that it'll be after his birthday. But the other day he asked in such an impatient tone and I said, "Henry, not yet, he's still in there cooking" Well, you can imagine what he thought as he started chuckling. SO when Jason asked him why it was funny, he said, "he's in there cooking eggs and bacon" Really? He took it literally. Eggs and bacon it is. Where I replied, "no, the baby IS the bacon!"

3. Jack was pretty set on a baby sister- I think he doesn't want another brother to always want his toys, etc., So when I told him that we found out it was another boy, he said, "Ahhh, can't you tell your tummy to change it?" Nope son, that's not the way it works, even though we've had the discussion about God creating babies, etc.,

4. The other day Jack and I were jamming (yes we were) in the car and I told him that the baby was moving around. I said, "He must like this music". Jack said, "you think he's dancing in there" and I said, "yep, I do" then I did a little move and said that's what he was doing. Jack just thought that was the funniest thing- hysterical laughs from him so I know now he thinks the baby does little jive moves in my stomach (which by the way he's moving, he probably does).

5. Henry asked me this week (out of the blue) "Mom, does the baby come out naked?" and when I replied yes, I got more rounds of hysterical laughing from both Jack and Henry. Of course- naked bum bums to them is always funny.

6. I will tell you something Jack DOES NOT think is funny- and that's the anatomy of a pregnant women with a baby inside. I showed him some of the pictures from my BabyApp and how small the baby was and how it grows each week. It wasn't graphic- just showing the baby inside and how small it was (from the 1st trimester). Well that was too much for him- a little peanut was "grosse" to him and he's feeling much better knowing that baby brother looks like a human now. :)

7. I'm adding this- I think I put this on Facebook a few months past, but Jack said one day, "Mom, why do babies grow in your belly?" I said, well that's just where God thought the best place would be. His reply was, "wouldn't it be funny if the baby grew in your head?" Um, no Jack, it wouldn't. He then proceeded over the next few weeks to talk about how funny it would be. One day Henry even said, "then the baby would play with your brain". Well fabulous thought my two boys!

8. We've also had quite a bit of laughter over the boys name suggestions for their upcoming brother- ranging everywhere from Skylander names to names of their friends. Henry even has suggested Bosco (our dog). And Jack loves yelling the "contender" names out loud- just so he "can see what it sounds like when it's being yelled"- which of course makes sense to a seven year old.

9. Well and of course I thought this topic could be avoided but would eventually come up- breastfeeding. So I thought it only appropriate one night when Jack brought home a library book- anatomy book. We were talking about each page, and when we got to the teeth page, we started talking about the baby because I had to explain to Henry that his new littler brother wasn't going to have teeth for awhile. So then, he asked what he would eat, so I felt it was the time to tell them about breastfeeding. They both looked at me all disgusted then burst out laughing. Then you can imagine- both grabbing their bobbies and acting like they were squeezing milk out. Why? Honestly...why do boys do this? A little girl wouldn't do that! Ah- the life and mind of a boy!

I'm sure the list will grow and grow, especially the bigger my stomach gets. The boys don't give it a whole lot of attention (and not that I expect that they would- they're boys), but they do like to rub on it or give kisses and constantly like to tell me how "big my belly is growing". :) Not something a woman wants to really hear, but that's okay....as long as they don't tell me I'm swollen! :)

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts