1st Pregnancy Post: Catching up at 22 weeks

This is a little bit exciting and weird for me- this is my 3rd child and I've never really documented anything on any of my pregnancies. I have pictures yes and my memories, but that's about it. So I thought it would be fun to have a record of sorts to look back on- especially since this might (probably) be the last one. :)

This pregnancy came as a bit of a shock! Nothing like feeling like you're getting settled into your new country, then wham- here ya go! ha ha! The first part of September this year was crazy- Jack and Henry had both started new schools and we were all meeting new people and trying to get into a schedule of sorts- so my mind was otherwise occupied. Then one day it hit me- I was late-and then I just knew. I had a gut feeling (and usually those are right).

Funny thing was, I told Jason, and he said, well "make sure" then we can talk about it. So I made sure that afternoon and at dinner said, "well" and gave him a look. (He didn't know I had taken a test) so he said, "I thought there wasn't anything to discuss" and I responded, "Oh yes, there is SOMETHING to discuss". Then I get a shocked look and smirk out of Jason's face- it was classic.

Definitely not something we were planning but we are thrilled nonetheless. We had "our" timing set out, but as you know, GOD always has his perfect timing, which is often different from ours. So we welcome this little surprise with as much love as we can!

I'm now at 22 weeks- well into my 2nd trimester and things are going quite smoothly. I had a bit of a rough patch in my 1st trimester- about 3-4 weeks of nauseousness but then it quickly passed. It's often hard to get to wrapped up in it when you're running around after a 3 and 6 year old! (Not to mention all the activities I"m doing at school, bootcamp, cardio tennis, running a house, etc.,!)

I'm still working out- I didn't do a whole lot over Christmas- just running and weights. But while in HK I've been doing bootcamp once week and cardio tennis- I can't bounce a whole lot and some things I modify but overall it's been fine and I still love working out...so I"ll do it as long as I can!

I can't say that I've had a whole lot of cravings- I still LOVE my dumplings (steamed buns and xiao long bao) from Din Tai Fung- and have to get my fix at least every 3 weeks. But other than that, I really eat the same. I do eat more bread and carbs(I usually try not to after lunch when not pregnant) and I do crave more sweets.

Little boy (yes boy #3!!!) is growing quickly and is already quite the mover. I don't remember exactly when I felt the little flutter for the first time, but it was right before we left home for the States (so around 16-17 weeks). Now I feel them ALOT during the day. He's kinda funny too- he favors the left side of my stomach so often balls up on that side. AND the lil' stinker LOVES burrowing deep on top of my bladder- so you can only imagine how many times I already have to use the restroom.

Here are a few pics from 18 weeks to this last weekend:

This was taken when I spent the night at my in-laws- (notice my cute nieces in the frame)- I was sending this to Jason (he was still in HK) and showing him how much I had grown)

This was taken a few days after Christmas- so about 20 weeks- right before I took my Dad on a run in their neighborhood. Here lil' one is sticking out and pushing out my stomach so I look alot bigger (my stomach is funny how how it fluxuates with him)

This is about 21 weeks- ha ha! Olivia and I were getting ready so I did a selfie like what she does. Cute outfit too- shirt from Express (I just got a bigger size) and black skinny jeans from Pea in a Pod!

And here I am this last weekend (when we got home, so about 22 weeks)- right before I went to go get my dumpling fix! 
I did have an appointment on Wednesday and baby is looking great. I will go once a month until I'm 34 weeks. I'm going through the public health system here (it's a trip) but the right way to go. (FYI: if you go private (which you can spend up to $10-$12k for a normal delivery) you pay for the status, but even if there is complications with the baby, they send you to public. It's been the most ridiculous process trying to figure out - but I guess everything is much more complicated here).

I did see a doctor in Central for my first 3 appointments- she did all of my initial blood work, confirmation of baby, down syndrome testing (all fine!) and gender reveal. Was a beautiful and nice clinic- and I did love her- but her office was about an hour away. Not too keen on doing that!

My doctor I saw on Wednesday looks like she's about 20 and I doubt she is (they age so well here) but I felt like Steven Martin in "Father of the Bride II" when the doctor is so young. ha ha! Then they went over all of my paperwork and discussed with me about thinking about my birth plan. I also have to get my doctors notes on my emergency c-section from Henry in Shanghai- that should be fun.

Then she told me I would have to think about what kind of delivery I wanted to do- natural or c-section. Well, I told her I wanted to do natural, but you have to sign a document stating that their could be complications (very slim- because of the scar on the uterus) and to take it home and discuss with my husband. I looked at her and said, "no I can sign it now". All 3 of them (nurse, doctor and attending physician) looked at me with wide eyes, and then she said, "are you sure you don't need to discuss with your husband?". I quickly replied, "No, Is HE the one having the baby?". More looks of shock and then a little chuckle.
NOTE: The asian/chinese women do not usually do something outside of their husband.
NOTE: They need to know that I'm going to be a little bit different from their other patients. :) And Jason laughed when I told him and totally agreed. :)

Alright- this post is long enough. Alot to catch up on for 22 weeks- next one will be much shorter!

Comments

Popular Posts