Christmas Wrap-Up



Well, it's been about 4 weeks since we've been home (here in HK) and we are desperately trying to get over jetlag. SO- what better time to catch up on your blog than at 5:45 in the morning after you've already fed your children breakfast! ha ha!

Where do I even begin though! The 4 weeks spent in Tulsa was a bit of a whirlwind. It always is! But for some reason I felt like this was even more so. We ate out more times than I care to count (detox time!) but got to see most of our friends, all of our family, and got to enjoy the holidays in Tulsa (which will always seem like home). Not to mention the boys got their share of snow (not too much) and some ice. It was a great trip!

The flight there was uneventful-always is! Boys are troopers! And we spent about 10 days there before Jason got in. Jetlag was nonexistent- everyone was just so excited to be there. We mostly spent this time catching up with family, seeing a few friends (new babies too!) and hanging out at my parent's house. I hadn't seen my family since last Christmas so it was much needed- including time with our snuggle pup, Lou!

Add caption
Here are some pics to recap our first week or so in Tulsa!
We met Baby Faye Kindred, we ate alot of Chick-fil-A, Auntie Anne's and Andolini's Pizza, we went bowling, we met the Heinrich Twins and all snuggled up with Lou! That's alot in just 8 days!



Then Jason met us- and luckily before the ice storm rolled in! He literally arrived in about 4 p.m. (after we had a playdate with my friend Jennifer and her daughter @ BounceU) and the weather started getting bad about 7p.m. He was lucky lucky he didn't have any delays! :) 

Time always goes by some much quicker when Jason comes in- then it's not only arranging playdates with the boys, but he has his as well, and you know what that's like. It's different when your husband goes and sees his friends or lunch dates here and there, but trying to plan to see everyone in a few weeks is a bit tiring. (maybe it's just this pregnant Mama!) Plus- that's on top of shopping for Christmas, family functions and you trying to see your friends- and entertain two boys! WOOOO! Anyone tired yet? 

Here are some more pics that I took- granted- some of them (as above) are from my phone. I honestly was quite pathetic this year with taking with my camera. Totally slacked! 





A picture of the ice storm that came through, a trip to the mall (with carousel rides and new hats), pictures from Christmas morning and day, an outing with friends, and cheering on my OU Sooners! 



It's definitely hard to keep up with our friends while we're away but we so love seeing them when we come home. We managed a happy hour right before we left too- always nice to catch up! Though is quite funny how things have changed- now we aren't the only ones that need to find babysitters! 

Jason and I did manage to squeeze in one solo dinner, although I'm definitely needing another one now. Even though we get to visit with everyone else, we kinda miss out on time for just us (but we do have that year round!)

And here are some of my favorite pics (that I actually took on my camera!) from the holidays:





My cute nieces and the boys on Christmas Eve- at Nana's after church


 We missed out on a family pic because Jason was in the bedroom moaning- or passing a kidney stone (we later found out!)




Christmas Day afternoon spent at the Sullivan's house! 


Christmas night dinner - a pic with my beautiful sister and Mom!


And a trip to the lake house- puzzle time with Dad! 


And Olivia asleep on the couch at the lake- this is what she does! 


We had a great New Years- although like so many before (we're old!) we didn't stay up til midnight. :) I think Jason has gotten his fill of football though- games galore! 

This was our last Christmas in Tulsa for awhile- next year we will be here in HK- and will have a new little one celebrating with us. 

Now let's pray that these boys and I can stay in bed and I'm not up writing another blog at 5:30 in the morning! 

Found new pics I wanted to add: 
 Our annual dinner at Mahogoney's Steakhouse with Jason's family! 

 Papa reading Henry a story- every night the boys asked for Papa

Our Lady Lou- all snuggled up! 

US on Christmas day! 

Comments

Popular Posts