Saturday Night Rituals

Does anyone have Saturday night rituals? Or a weekend night they do something when they don't have plans out? We do...I think it more started here in Sydney and I actually really look forward to it. It's our family night- and it's such good quality time. I know we won't have much longer before the boys are out with their friends on the weekends or parties, etc., Maybe when they get older we'll move it to a Sunday night- have something every weekend that we commit to having and spending together just as a family.
I hope I stick with that- I think it's so important for children to remain close to their parents and have quality time together- no matter how old they get or how busy life is!
Anyway- we like our family dinners on Saturday night- I either cook or we order pizza (we usually split it up...2 Saturday nights is pizza and 2 I cook). If we haven't had too crazy of a Saturday, we usually go downstairs to the pool. We have an indoor pool and a hottub- the boys love it. Sometimes Jason takes them by themselves- a little boy time, and sometimes we all go.
After dinner we get baths and get all cozy in our pjs- yes, even Jason and I, then we watch Australia's Funniest Home Videos. Jack ABSOLUTELY loves it- we have to tell him to calm down and not laugh so hard (is that bad?) because he works himself up so much! It's just too funny! I think I'm going to have to get tickets to the show and take him- they have the show recorded live right here in Chatswood (the suburb Jason works in). It is a pretty funny show though- just the same as in the States.
It's over at 7:30, and the boys are tired but they like feeling like "big boys" and want to stay up a little later (they usually go to bed at 7:30 during the week). So we find something on the television to watch for about 30 minutes before we read books and say our prayers.
Our dinner- white chicken chili and sweet cornbread! Yum!

They are obsessed with Jason on the weekend- it's all "Daddy time"

Jack is telling me that I'm in the way...

This morning- a few of our friends on our porch that we feed. And yes, these are pj's from Xmas!

Aren't they pretty! I don't know what kind they are, but they're so colorful!
Funny how seasons change our rituals though- our Saturday nights used to consist of getting home about 4:30/5 from the beach (we would spend about 5 or so hours there), then we would come home, shower, unpack, put on our pj's, order pizza, make a big blanket pallet and watch a movie. :) Guess we'll switch back to that when it's beach weather again- in about 5 months!

We so love our family nights though and hope we get to always have them!

Comments

Popular Posts