Mums n' Bubs

So I've been so awful lately about getting out- doing things with friends, meeting new people, etc., Well, part of it was because I was sick for about a month- just nonstop congestion, feeling really tired, tension headaches, etc., It was too much- so I didn't really want to get out. Then I burned my leg- so I was wearing loose pants everywhere! ha ha!

Anyway- I've really enjoyed going to Sisterhood on Thursday mornings. I went for the first time in February. It's a women's worship time that's run through Hillsong Church. If you all haven't heard of Hillsong- you need to look it up! It's amazing- they have church sites all over the world! I went to their Women's conference in March- one of the best experiences I've ever had.

Well, this is not a small church by any means, and either is Sisterhood morning. The first time I went I thought- well, this is going to be tough meeting people. But 5 minutes after I got there- and as I'm checking Henry into the kids center, I met Amanda. Really great gal- and she's actually from the States too. So she invited me to be a apart of their playgroup- Mum's n' Bubs. Don't you just love it?? Still cracks me up though- I'm constantly trying to explain to Jack why they say "Mum" instead of "Mom".

They had a lunch on Wednesday though- and it was so nice to get out and meet some new Mom's and just have some playtime with the kids. It was out a little bit- about 45 minutes from us, but worth the drive!

There were about 7 Mom's there- one from Germany, one from South Africa, and the rest Aussies. I love meeting people from all over the world- listening to their different accents, how they describe things, their different "slang" and just meeting new friends. It was a fun time. One Mom had 5 BOYS- and all under the age of 6! WOOO- made me take a deep breath just when she told me. ha ha!

We were all asked to bring a little something to share for lunch so I brought a Thai Chicken Salad. I found the recipe off of Betty Crocker- last minute (did it that morning before leaving) and super simple! It was a hit. :)

Shredded Thai Chicken Salad



Salad
2
cups shredded deli rotisserie chicken (from 2- to 2 1/2-lb chicken)
1
cup julienne (matchstick-cut) carrots
1
cup broccoli slaw mix
1
large green onion, chopped
Dressing
2
tablespoons creamy peanut butter
2
tablespoons rice vinegar
1
tablespoon vegetable oil
1
tablespoon honey
4
teaspoons soy sauce
1/8
teaspoon red pepper sauce
Fresh cilantro, if desired

* I added sliced almonds on top for a bit more crunch. 

This was yummy and such a great salad to serve because it doesn't get soggy once you put on the dressing! :) 

Comments

Popular Posts