Phillip @ 18 Months

I cannot get enough of your curls! 

Another Wiltshire boy! Football football football! 
Oh my darling baby why do you grow so quickly? Already in size 2T, size 8 shoe and 29 lbs! (there is no wonder I have shoulder issues...also because you like to be carried and I like to carry you around!) I can't believe it's already been 6 months since your 1st Birthday but yet it seems just like yesterday. Just like it seems that you just started walking, yet you run around the house and after the boys like you've been doing it forever. You are by far the toughest little monster around and I have no doubt that when you are big and old enough you will be able to hold your own.

It is the Christmas holidays and I can't help but think of you at this time last year. You were just starting to crawl. I was slowly weaning you off of breastfeeding, and you loved your oatmeal cereal. You were and still are the happiest baby going.

Okay, I take that back a little bit. Yes the happiest baby but not entirely at the moment right now but who can blame you? You have all 4 canines coming in at the same time! That will round out your total teeth to 16! So you basically have a mouthful of teeth and Daddy cringes at the thought of me telling him to give you teething gel (you like to bite him a bit....and he likes to scream loudly!).

You are sleeping now so I can finish my post. I wish I could carve out more time to write about everything that you do but most of it I will just keep as my treasured memories. You are by far (and this is so hard to believe) the busiest boy. You are constantly moving and constantly into anything you can get your hands on. Of course none of these are toys but everything you are not supposed to have.

You love digging in all of my drawers in the kitchen and throwing my pillows off the bed. You love trying to steal my hair dryer or curling iron and then run away and try and plug it in an outlet. My how you keep me on my toes. But I wouldn't have it ANY other way.

Your favorite foods right now are roasted chicken, cheese, "chakie" (chocolate), bananas, cheesy eggies and pees. You really do eat most everything. Yes you are still in love with your "nui nai" (milk) and that's okay because I don't really care to get rid of the bottle just yet.

You are a big boy now too- started in August at Mothers Day Out down the street and really did good from the start. It took a few weeks for you to get in to the adjustment of not being around those that you know but you are open arms and flying through the window when I take you. I'm sure you are just as busy there as you are at home. But I love that you are open to new people and new places. I hope that never changes.

We also have taken two fun trips this fall - one on Labor Day to Branson and one on Thanksgiving to Dallas. While you may not be the best in the care you make it fun and manageable and as long as you have your brothers to entertain you then all is well! ...oh and your "nui nai". You have also been an amazing sport (like most little siblings need to be) at going to all the sporting events. The countless soccer and football games you've been to- and been so well has been impressive. Though I"m hoping next year at the football games I don't have to chase you across and up and down the bleachers as much!

I love watching your brothers with you. For the most part they are pretty good and patient with you, even though you are constantly into their toys, you turn off the TV in the middle of their show and you sit on them (right on the head sometimes). They so love you and love being your big brothers. But I also know how much you love and adore them. Your "Ack" (Jack) and well who knows what you really call Henry. We also like to laugh at how many times you go around the house saying "Mama". All so you can find me. Or just so you can make sure I'm paying attention to you. You also say "Daddy" everytime you hear the door open. You just cannot wait for him to come home.

A boy is what you are! How you love being outside and doing anything and everything with your Dad or brothers. Playing in the leaves, trying to rake, running down the street, taking a walk. Oh your Dad has decided it would be funny to teach you how to ride the scooter. Let's just say lucky for you and me both that Mommy is quick. That afternoon when Henry left his scooter in the driveway and you hopped on (knowing exactly how to) and started going right down the hilly driveway. I turned at exactly the right moment to run and catch you. Woo!

Just like the other two you are always keeping me on my toes. I so love your passion for your family that you have already and your stubborn personality. Though you may be small now you are mighty and have a fierceness that will lead you along the way.

I still cherish our snuggles- more so now than ever because you are much longer than my chest. I love getting your "stars" at night and singing our special songs and saying our special prayer. I love praying over you my son and I will continue to for all times.

As I say to you everyday, "I Love You Too Much" ..."but never enough"




Okay Mommy sometimes does what she needs to do at dinner to keep you happy...and yes the drink was gone but yes, there were some remnants! 

Too funny! You couldn't get enough of this wolf. You kept running back to hug him and it was the funniest thing! 

Oh you loved Auntie Jacquelyn! Glued to her hip! You love meeting new family! 

And you love each and every animal that comes your way! 

Just fitting. Soccer game. Pa's cane. What else? 

And his life. Milk. Brothers. Blankie. 



Comments

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts