Jack's 7th Birthday- Lego SUPERhero's


Well, those are the themes you know- Lego this and Lego that. That's what my life is with Jack. He so loves them!

We actually celebrated Jack's birthday on his real birthday- a nice day at home (after our big day at Ocean Park). I made his favorite- chicken lasagna and a homemade chocolate cake with cream cheese icing! We had our neighbors over to have cake. Jack was quite content running in and outside, working on his legos and "having a chill day".


Lego's from Zsa Zsa and PaPa- superheroes! 

Our neighbors from New Zealand- Caelan and Jordan

We actually had his "birthday party" planned for the next weekend. We were ending on our fall break so alot of people were out of town.

It wasn't too bad planning, although I had some issues with finding a spot for a bouncy castle. We don't have a yard big enough and I didn't really want to go inside, but it worked out nicely nonetheless. Theme: LEGO SUPERHERO! Always a task finding exactly what you want though....

But here in Hong Kong, it's so hard to find party supplies, especially without going to 18 different stores. Ugh. SO, what I've done the last two years is order almost everything from ETSY! http://www.etsy.com/ There are a few different vendors that I've used, but what makes it wonderful is that they can send you the jpeg files (customized too!) then you print out all your decor- from invitations (print on photo paper), cupcake toppings, banners, etc., All super cute! Then I just buy plain color napkins, plates, etc., All works out brilliantly!

Here are some of the decorations that I used: (Jack's invitation is up above- that was just printed on photo paper at Kinko's- or whatever photo companies are here!)

I found these cute gift bags then posted the prints on the front and back- kinda hard to see. 

Then again, printed off my cupcake toppers and glued them to toothpicks

My neighbor and I did the signs- I drew them and then glued them to straws.

There was ONE big drawback to our party- Daddy was missing! :( As mentioned in an earlier post, http://therenditionsofrenoir.blogspot.hk/2013/10/saying-goodbye-is-never-easyrip-carl.html , Jason's grandfather had passed away earlier that week, so he was back in the US (well on his way!). Jack was pretty upset at first, but soon got over it! 

WOOOO- kids always seem to amaze me with their relentless energy! Can we bottle it up and sell it? We would be millionaires! 

A bouncy castle, snacks, cupcakes, drinks and balloons is all these kids needed! Oh- and I LOVED the company we got the bouncy castle- not only did they have tons of great options, they were adaptable with changes, arrived on time and it was the easiest part of the party! The company is Hong Kong Toy Club here in HK- HK Toy Club . I will definitely be using them again! 

Here are a few pics to wrap up the party- I didn't actually take many of the pics as I was organizing the games and making sure no one killed themselves! My neighbor, Caelan took them (and did a fab job for a 12 year old!)

Henry got in on the fun! :) 

Jack and his good friend Mathew! 

Tina (our helper and wonderful lady!) and I at the party! 

Friends and gifts! 

My birthday boy and I! :) 



A few of our lil' superheroes at the party!! 

This is my superhero- always is and always will be! 


Comments

Popular Posts