Catching Up: School Trip to the Botanical Gardens

Well, I have been hiding under a rug it seems. I feel like my head has not stopped spinning since school started the beginning of September.

I was sick most of September with bronchitis, plus the start of the school year activities and such. Then most of October was spent working on the fair committee for school- such a fun event by the way!

Anyway- back to somewhat normal-although still busy and hectic!

I did take a school class trip with Jack's class. We took an outing to the Botanical Gardens the end of September. It was a great little outing. I was so happy to get to go with Jack and he was just as pleased. He's still at the age where he's happy to have me along, so I'm more than happy to go!

We actually have been to the Botanical Gardens here in Hong Kong before- once when we first moved. It's really a gorgeous place. Ironically, it's right smack in the middle of the city- in fact, right behind SOHO and Lan Kwai Fung (so at the slope of the Peak). Just tucked away in the midst of tall buildings and a bustling city life.

There's a few little kiosks/refreshment stands, some animal life (monkeys, birds, a few reptiles, etc.,) plant life, a children's playground and just a great place to go for a timeout or picnic to escape the madness of the city.

Interesting enough, I read, it's one of the oldest zoological and botanical centres in the world. Here is a site to read a bit more: http://www.lcsd.gov.hk/parks/hkzbg/en/index.php

And to follow up, here are some pictures from our fun day out:

All the kiddos- enjoying their "morning tea" snack

Love the details of some of the park benches!

Yep- my cute big boy! :) 

Jack and Joris- an entry into the park

Am I right- nestled right into the midst of the big city!


Of course we can't forget our fun furry monkey friends! 

Little time out at the children's park- 





Of course no outing in China is complete without a dozing Chinaman- shoes off and all! 

Attempt of a class photo before leaving! 

Comments

Popular Posts