Clifton Gardens Playdate

Well, Jack has officially ended his 3rd term of Kindy- only one left! But that also means that I have both boys with no school for 2 weeks- which means each and everyday my goal is to make them as tired as I possibly can. One week down- and one to go.

Last week we were busy everyday- playdate with a friend, Max, on Monday (Henry was still at school). Tuesday we went to the gym and did activities around the house. Wednesday we did the gym again, then coffee with Dad and a park play. Then Jack had a sleepover with his friend, Daniel.

Thursday, we packed up a nice big picnic and met a bunch of friends at Clifton Gardens. It's basically a bay beach off near Manly. It's about a 15 minute drive from us. Perfect for little kids- there are no big waves. A nice bathroom, great playground area and then a little beach area. We go there all the time with the boys.

We met Jack's friends from school- Daniel, Adam & Ben (brothers), and Lachlan. I've become pretty good friends with their Mom's so it was a nice day. The boys played in the sand, the water (it was actually warm enough) and ate. Although the boys are always funny- anytime we go anywhere and they're busy having fun, they don't want to take the time to actually eat. I'm begging them to come over and have a sandwich, or some fruit, or something. Of course, when we leave, they are STARVING. SO that's how it is, we get in the car and I have to make sure I have enough for them to eat on while we make it home.

Although I have to mention this funny incident- worth mentioning. Of course, we are in Australia- and they tend to have alot of "european" tendencies. I look over at all the boys and they are hysterically laughing and running around. Much to my dismay, I notice that they are chasing a little naked girl around. And little girl, I mean, she was probably about 5, so it was inappropriate (in my opinion). I think it's fine to change your kids or maybe when they are younger, but a girl this old running around naked. It's just a bit weird. And, of course, the boys thought it was so funny. When I went over to tell them to stop, Lachlan said, "Were chasing a naked girl around". Yes, you are, and let's not do that anymore. Lord help me! :)

Fun filled day- the boys were both so tired. Henry fell asleep on the way home. Then Jack fell asleep on the couch at 4 p.m. Needless to say, Mommy got some good down time as BOTH were in bed and asleep at 7 p.m.! That is a successful day!!!

Friday, Jack and I went shopping for a bit. Picked up a small birthday gift for Nana- who is coming next weekend. Then Jack went out again- popular little guy- for another sleepover with his friend Adam.

What a week! I don't know that this coming week will be that busy, but close. :)

The boys- minus Daniel and Ben


Henry kept running down to this sign telling me there were sharks in the water. 




Curious to know what they were talking about- probably about sharks! :)
It's Sunday now- we are enjoying a nice 3 day weekend. We all needed some good rest and family time. :)

Comments

Popular Posts