Been M.I.A.

Yes, I haven't been posting- in awhile. Life has been a bit crazy here and I just have not had a moment.

First off, our house (everyone but Jason) was hit with the most horrific stomach bug. Jack had it first one weekend (for about 2 1/2 days), then Henry got it the next weekend (about 3 days), then I got it- oh...and I got it while Jason was in Hong Kong. It was miserable and the worst sickness I've ever encountered. Certainly didn't help that Jason was out of town and I had the boys to myself. Luckily, I had a few friends that were able to help with taking Jack to school, but still didn't have any help at night. I told Jason that it made me appreciate him much more-

Anyway, so I've been mustering up just enough energy to do my motherly and wife duties. I'm finally eating normal food too- for about a week it was toast, applesauce and rice. :(

We've also been eagerly (and not so patiently) waiting on news about our upcoming move to Hong Kong. We've put forth our budget/package and now will wait to see if the Board will approve it next week. Lots of feelings are bustling around in my head- and lots of "to-do" lists, because it's about 95% that we are going. And...Jason's boss says "sooner than later". Nice. Nothing like rushing another move to another foreign country.

So, this means, I have to get on finding Jack a school- lots of applications and waiting lists to apply for. House hunting- finding the right area- close to Jason's work and Jack's new school. We'll have to get a new car- maybe 2- so we need to look for those. And lots of small details that go into moving to a new country. Not to mention I've never even been to Hong Kong before. ha ha! Another adventure for the Wiltshire's!

Jason's Mom is coming in two weeks. And Jack has just finished his 3rd term of Kindy- which means he is off for 2 weeks. Thank goodness the weather is turning nice- beautiful 70 degree days- so we'll have lots of picnics and park outings with friends.

Now I need to hurry and find little side weekend trips that we can do here and there- I want to take in as much of Sydney as I can before we leave. Hopefully- if we can work it out- we'll do a trip to either the Gold Coast or Great Barrier Reef before we move. I would hate to leave here and not travel outside of Sydney.

Anyway- just a little update from me. More later this week- now that I"m functioning properly and have energy!

Comments

Popular Posts