Phillip @ 9 Months

Oh my baby- or my toddler as Jason likes to tease me- is just 3 months away from his 1st Birthday! I think I write this every month but why in the world does time have to go by so quickly?? I will be planning his party before I know it...and he will be walking before we all know it.

I've always said this- he is an active boy and I'm pretty sure the most active. HE. DOES. NOT. STOP. People that are in interaction of him always ask me how I get things done...I don't...at least not when he's awake. But he's always been like this- moved around like he was literally doing somersaults in my tummy, so I guess I should have expected this. He is turbo crawling (and so very much likes to do this when he knows people are after him or he's up to no good), and he's walking with support (as in with his little walker and along furniture, etc.). Jason thinks that he'll be walking by 10 months (which is only about 2 weeks away) but I think it'll be closer to 11 months. Either way he's on the move so watch out!

I haven't taken him to his 9 month appointment yet- I know- terrible mom. It's scheduled for next week- so I can make an update then on his weight, etc., though I'm sure it will be the same- 95% in both categories.

Not only is this little one the most active but he's also the most vocal. I mean dear Lord the child has a set of lungs on him. Woo! He is absolutely adamant about being heard and making sure that he is not ignored. He actually does this fake little cough too (sometimes really over exaggerates it) just to get my attention. I mean it's pretty funny but yes, we have another dramatic boy on our hands. I'm not sure if we should form an acting gig or football team! Maybe both!

We are doing wonderfully well on our eating and we should because we have 8 teeth now!  I love watching him look, touch and taste new foods. His face is just classic. He loves avocados, cheese, breads (yes he's his mama's boy!), chicken and pork, all fruits and his water! ah! It's so funny! I ask him in mandarin if he wants his water and he basically squeals he gets so excited. I think we'll try some noodles - those were Henry's favorite- I wonder if he's part Asian too!?!?

Phillip was also blessed last weekend with his baptism. A very special day! The gown he wore was the same one that his brothers have worn and that myself and siblings wore as well. It's been passed along in the Lyons' family so it has a lot of memories. The church itself was the same one that my Dad grew up in and so all of it was blessed with love, memories and legacy that I hope will reign through and through.

We were blessed to also have Jason's aunt and uncle from Denver fly in - they are Phillip's godparents and I have no doubt that they will love him and help support him in his spiritual life and everything else that follows suit. They are wonderful and so is this precious boy!


Happy 9 Months baby boy! 

And the concentration and frustration- it's the horse- stubborn! 

I mean how sad is this little face!?!? 

And just sums up a few of those minutes when Phillip was quite angry- Henry's ready to go, Phillip is upset and well, Jason is sweating so you know he's ready to go too! 

But what a wonderful and beautiful day! This was so very special and I just love my boys and we are so blessed with the love and support that they have in their lives!


 May my son walk after You, God, and fear You and keep Your commandments and obey Your voice. May he serve You and hold fast to You (Deuteronomy 13:4)
 May my son be strong and courageous and not fear or be in dread, for it is You, Lord, our God, who goes with him. You will never leave him or forsake him (Deuteronomy 31:6).

Comments

Popular Posts