Roasted Cauliflower Cheese Soup

So here's my recipe for that delicious soup I just made last night.

Funny story is...the first time I made it...I didn't tell Jason or Jack what was in it. Truth be because they are not huge fans of cauliflower but sometimes what they don't know doesn't hurt them, right? They know now of course and absolutely love it.

Jason was somewhat humming last night...going "this is just so good" and Jack literally jumped up and down when I told him what I was serving!

Anyone know why I cook like this? Because I LOVE to cook and I have boys that LOVE to eat! #truth


So it's actually a really quick soup once you've roasted the cauliflower (that takes about 25 minutes) so if you wanted to do it before you absolutely could. I serve ours with those scrumptious Hawaiian roll ham & cheese party sandwiches...See Here . Though I will add I do the full recipe (and I add the poppy seeds on top) more when we're having a get together or something. Last night I just did 1 package, melted about 2 T of butter in the microwave then mixed in 1 T of brown sugar and spooned on top. I baked in the oven for 10 minutes. That's it.

Roasted Cauliflower Cheese Soup

*1 head of cauliflower (washed, cored and cut into small pieces)
*2 T EVOO
*Salt, Pepper & Cavendar's seasoning (I use this all the time)
*3 T butter
*1 cup onion, chopped
*3 1/2 T flour
*2-3 garlic cloves, minced
*3 cup milk
*1 14 oz. can of chicken broth
*1/2 cup heavy cream
*1 T Herbs f/ Provence w/ Lavendar (if you don't have this you can use parsley and thyme)
*1 bay leaf
*1/4 tsp sugar
*1 cup sharp white cheddar cheese (I just had cheddar so used that)
*1/4 cup parmesan

Directions:

1. Heat oven to 425 degrees. After you've washed, cored and cut up your cauliflower (and I did some in bigger chunks too), lay them out on a baking tray and drizzle with your EVOO and season with your S&P and Cavendar's. Roast for 25 minutes. Put aside.
2. In a large pot, melt your butter over medium heat and saute your onions until tender- 4-5 minutes. Add in your flour and stir constantly for about a minute, then add in your minced garlic. While whisking, add in your milk first, then chicken broth and creme. Next, add in your Herbs from Provence, your bay leaf, sugar and your roasted cauliflower. You can then season more with S&P as needed.
3. Bring to a boil stirring constantly and then reduce heat to low. Take out 3 cups of the soup and add to a blender. Once pureed add back into the soup and take the pot off of the heat. Slowly stir in your white cheddar cheese and parmesan.
4. Serve with chopped green onions, bacon bits (real are best of course!) and shredded cheese! (these are my go to toppings!)

*FYI I ALWAYS double this soup so we have enough for two nights because one batch only lasts one night!!
*And my pictures are terrible and don't do the food justice...maybe I should get better at that!

Enjoy friends!
Ham & Cheese Sandwiches- little brown sugar glaze on top. I used provolone & mozzarella cheeses
This mustard is the bomb..I used it on my sandwiches! 

Comments

Popular Posts