Easy Stir Fry-Anything Goes!

Okay, so I've had a lot of people ask me what kind of stir fries I do so I thought I would post this one. I did it last week and it's ALWAYS a hit. It's ridiculously simple and like it says above "anything goes"...meaning you can use any meat or fish (shrimp, flank steak, chicken, pork) and any veggie combo you like. It's a great recipe because it's simple and quick...stir fry's are really easy but you do have to have it all prepped and ready to go (fresh chopped garlic, ginger, and your sauce all made up) so this is just throw it all in and be done!

I have boys that have to be at practice 3 times a week by 6 p.m. and I like to make sure they are fed before they go (because I hate that they have to eat so late) and this is something you can throw together in like 20 minutes. By the way- I do have that nifty little thing called a PreSSure Cooker and it's amazing...for many reasons...but really does make the most perfect rice. So I start that and then I get on to my stir fry!

So I just picked up some chicken from Whole Foods and then had some leftover asparagus (big packet from Costco) that I didn't use the previous night for dinner. So chicken and asparagus it was! (So note below in the recipe you can use whatever meat or veggie you want: I love carrots, red peppers, broccoli, green beans, onions, etc., anything goes really)

The sauce! And Sesame oil is legit for Chinese cooking...must have! 
Here's the kicker- the ready made sauce/marinade from Costco is legitimately good. It has sesame seeds in it and real little chunks of ginger and garlic so it's close enough. Now granted doing your own marinade/sauce is easy too- but you do have to make sure you have all the ingredients (that usually include soy sauce, sesame oil, ginger, garlic, etc.,). So this is a nice way when you don't have it all. And the jar I bought lasted me 3-4 different meals.

Simple Stir Fry

*2 cups of rice (I do this and it usually lasts two nights) ** (note below)
*1-2 T oil (veg oil or EVOO)
*3-4 chicken breasts thinly sliced
*1 T sesame oil
*1 bunch of asparagus (ends broken off) sliced into thirds
*1/2 cup of Trader Joe's Soyaki Sauce
*1 T cornstarch w/ 2-3 tsp water
*Sesame seeds (optional)
*Green onions, chopped (optional)

1. Once you've gotten your rice going (it usually takes about 10-15 minutes), go ahead and heat a wok or large skilled to medium-high heat. Once heated, add in your oil and the trick is to get that oil hot then throw in your sliced chicken. Cook it slightly through- about 2 minutes on each side (depending on how thick your slices are). Remove the chicken and set aside.
2. Add in your sesame oil and again wait til the oil is nice and hot, then throw in your asparagus (or veggies). Now here with your veggies you do to your liking. I like my veggies more crisp, some like them more soft. So I only cook them a few minutes.
3. Then, go ahead and add in your chicken back with your asparagus. Add in your Trader Joe's sauce and combine. Get a little cup or saucer and do your cornstarch mix and add to the pan. Bring your sauce to a boil and let the chicken and veggies simmer for about 5-7 minutes (under your veggies are tender and chicken is cooked through). Serve over rice (or cauliflower rice is yum too..that's what I do!) You can then add on some sesame seeds and green onions if you like.

**The trick with leftover rice and heating it up is to add a few T of water to it when microwaving. IT gets a bit hard and crusty so adding in a bit of water brings it back to the fluffy rice it should be.

I will say that I serve dumplings with this as well. I have a certain boy (who was born in Shanghai and still continues to think that he's part Chinese) that can throw down about 10 of them in one sitting. Costco & Trader Joes has really good microwave ones...now are they as good as the scrumptious soup dumplings back in China...no, but we will take these! Literally just pop them in the microwave for a few minutes.

I'm laughing too because all of my children are so different. Henry and Phil like their meat and rice separated (meaning not too touch) and Jason and Jack like it mixed (as in pic) with extra sauce! They like to "combo" it up! :) As to each their own...

Enjoy! :) And hope this adds an extra easy meal to those families just as busy as ours!



Comments

  1. افضل الخعروض التى ندمة الان فى قال وقت ممكن التى من خالها نقدم اليكطم افضل المميزات العالمية التى نقدمة الان من عزل خزانات بمكة التى نقدمة الان حيث اننا نعم على تقدم افضل العروض الرائعة ايضا من افضل شركة تنظيف كنب مكة وباق الاسعار الرائعة شركة تنظيف مكة التىنقدمة الان وبافقل الاسعار الرائعة التى لا مثيل لها الان حيث اننا نعمل على تقدم افضل العروض الرائعة الان من تنظيف رخام بمكة بمكة التى نقدمة الان وباقل الساعار الرائعة الرائعة الان من مكافحة حشرات بمكة فى الممكلة العربية السعهودية الان

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts