Open Day at Northbridge

We had the wonderful chance to go view Jack's school on Thursday! And...Daddy got to go! What a treat for Jack- he was so excited to show off his classroom, his artwork, his writing, etc., Love the joy and pride that he has for his work!

Trying to get a picture of Jack...this is what I got! 

Now, of course, Henry had to come in! 

A little bit of his artwork.

The first bit of the morning (30 minutes) was spent walking around his classroom. He had his Literacy book and Numeracy book. All loved seeing the progress that he's made since he started kindy in February. His handwriting is really wonderful. This coming from a child that in November of last year (3 months before he started) would whine and fall to the floor when I told him we were going to work on writing letters. And it was COMPLETE torture to get him to write three lines of the letter "A". Now he LOVES doing his "homework". Thank goodness too because I couldn't take those dramatic fits- 15 minutes of it and I was ready to down a bottle of wine! :)

This was my favorite though....a "What I want to be when I grow up" that all the kids did in class. Jack, of course, wants to be a Ninja. (He's obsessed with the lego ninjagos.)

But he wrote that he wants to be a "Ninjago because it was fun and it's awesome. I want to fight evil and look after good people so they are safe."



Tell me how cute that is- I love that he wants to "look after people so they are safe". He's such a sweet boy. I laughed when I saw it though and then looked around the room on the desks of all the other kids- lots of "princesses" and sports guys, space guys, ballerinas, etc., Guess they aren't into "doctors", "teachers", and all that just quite yet. :) 


And a last pic of Jack and his Daddy at school. Jason can barely hold him up- and of course, neither of them wanted to take a picture so they both look goofy. Typical... :) We went to watch Jack in his "lines" where they listen to the morning announcements and sing the school song. All so cute- in their uniforms and in straight lines. I love it.

They had an assembly afterwards but Jason had to get to a meeting and I didn't stay. It was an hour long assembly and there is no way Henry would have stayed still through it all.

Great seeing Jack in all of his glory at school- he is a Shining Star! :)

Comments

Popular Posts